LOW SELF ESTEEm its making my life HEll

Hello,

Im 21 and ive always had low self esteem, its annoying, i hate feeling insecure and feeling ugly..

i dont really think im ugly but i feel ugly, i always try to fix myself or improve myself but still end up feeling off about me, i try to dress sexy and stuff like that, but inside i feel like crap..

sometimes i think that maybe if i was like a star with lots of money i could be happy cuz i could buy happiness with getting surgery done (nose, breast implants, etc)...

anyways i have little motivation...

and i just feel so boring...

i dunno, i hate this...i want to be confident, and stop being jealous wtih my bf and stop feeling so insecure...

i want to have motivation to go to school, and make soemthing out of myself, my prob is that i always think negative of me and i do nothing, and therfore sitting around doing nothing just makes me feel worse, its like i depedn on my bf too much which is horrible, but only when im next to him i feel a bit better and happy...

besides that i mostly feel like crap!

ice_solid_2k4

ah dat sucks...so u have insecurities about ur appearence...i have insecurities with asking girls out, etc...i did have insecurities with my appearence, but i realzied that if i dress well...i'll feel much better...and it worked...eventually...i consider myself a pretty good lookin guy lol

I am sure you are not ugly....you need to tell yourself that you are a beautiful person inside and out!! Your boyfriend probably loves you so much and doesnt like to hear that stuff come out of your mouth!

Get some confidence!! :D

Hi Starnette83,

I suffered low self esteem for a long long time. My mum and some of my brothers would continually put me down and criticize me so I had no chance whatsoever. As I matured, I realized I had to do something if I ever want to be happy. So I thought this-:

"I don't know how much life could get better if I don't try and do something to help myself. What have I got to lose by just trying? And imagine how much I have to gain if I succeed?"

So I went on a mission and I tried - many things including meditation, 12 weeks of therapy for social phobia, daily positive affirmations, changing the way I dress and wear makeup, taking more risks in life, and finally moving out of home to get away from the negativity at home. Now my life is so much better. I am way more confident and positive - I believe all those little things I did really helped big time.

So Starnette, just try something - what have you got to lose?

Way to go Charlotte!!

Starnette.... listen..... you were BORN with high self esteem, it's your birthright. You even seen a baby that thought it was ugly?, you ever seen a baby that felt insecure?, you ever heard of a baby that thought if it only had money to get a new a nose it'd be happy?, you ever seen a baby that didn't have the confidence to scream it's little lungs out to get what it wanted?. No. That's because you were born magnificent and perfect, that's all you know when you're a baby.

As we start growing up, we start learning language and we start taking in messages that other people are sending us (mum, dad, brothers, sisters, other kids, TV etc).... but often those messages are negative, so we start believing and putting faith in what they're telling us, so we start thinking we're not so magnificent or perfect anymore.

But the truth is, those messages are ALL lies. You were born a big shiny diamond, but it got covered up with a whole pile of mud as you took in what others said to you or about you along the way. But underneath all that hard caked mud is still that big shiny diamond.

You don't need to believe you're wonderful, that's a fact. All you need to do is UNLEARN all the things you were told as to why you are NOT. Stop believing the LIES!.

Starry,

guess what.

Most people feel insecure.

I knew a stage actor, he told me that actors are the most insecure p but cause they have learned the art of acting, everyone thinks they are cool.

Try searching EFT on the net. The weird tapping technique can really help.

Most of the time low self esteem is our reaction to a stray comment, put down or whatever by someone we respect and value.

By "rewiring" your internal emotional response to that incident, the low self esteem can melt away.

Try it- you might be really surprised at the results.