Feeling really self conscious about Halloween party :/

So I'm throwing a Halloween party with a few friends, it's this Saturday at my house. There will be about 50-70 people attending, many of whom I don't know personally but my friends do. Anyways, I recently reconciled with my ex so he will also be there. Its a costume party, so everyone will be dressed up and while getting my costume together I just can't shake this enormous feeling of insecurity washing over me! I am not as skinny as ive always been and I know there will be tons of hot, skinny, scantily clad women and I'm so afraid oflooking like a fool. I'm not fat, but not skinny. I am usually very confident but I'm also just not as thin as I've always been. My guy reassures me, but I think that's just cause he kinda has to.

Any advice on how not to let this get to me?!?( turning the hot girls away at the door has already been vetoed lol jk)

Lernaean_Hydra
So I'm throwing a Halloween party with a few friends, it's this Saturday at my house. There will be about 50-70 people attending, many of whom I don't know personally but my friends do. Anyways, I recently reconciled with my ex so he will also be there. Its a costume party, so everyone will be dressed up and while getting my costume together I just can't shake this enormous feeling of insecurity washing over me! I am not as skinny as ive always been and I know there will be tons of hot, skinny, scantily clad women and I'm so afraid oflooking like a fool. I'm not fat, but not skinny. I am usually very confident but I'm also just not as thin as I've always been. My guy reassures me, but I think that's just cause he kinda has to.

Any advice on how not to let this get to me?!?( turning the hot girls away at the door has already been vetoed lol jk)

I used to be really heavy and even though you're not, I know that feeling of crushing insecurity. The first question is, what exactly is it you're going to be for Halloween? Is your costume sexy but flattering? Like, personally, I've chosen to go as Little Red Riding Hood - the costume covers and reveals all the right places. It has a mock corset that flatters the tummy, hugs the bust but goes in nicely at the waist and shows off my legs. It's basically exactly this but with a shorter skirt and hood. Naturally I'm pairing it with some fishnet stockings with seams up the back and impossibly high heels.

Yes there will always be thinner, hotter women than you but do YOU look hot in your costume is the real question? Sometimes bearing all - as girls are often wont to do on this particular holiday - can actually backfire (kitten ears and fishnets with tiny panties is sexy yes, but leaves nothing to the imagination). I remember last year when I was still losing weight a good friend of mine went as the Black Swan. She was very thin with an incredible figure and her costume showed off her breasts, tiny waist and great butt. But I wasn't jealous or insecure at all. I went as a Naughty Nurse and felt just as hot as she did. And we both got tons of compliments and whistles.

Take a moment to forget all those other girls that might show up. Go throw on your costume right now and ask yourself if you feel comfortable in it and if you think you look sexy? If you feel hot and confident it won't matter that some other chick might be in the same room with you because you're too damn sexy to care. There's enough hotness to go around.

Also, chances are, you'll have far less hot half-naked chicks than you anticipate.

Edited by Lernaean_Hydra
most_distant_galaxy

For me, the way to feel confidence is to differentiate my self than most women. I prefer cute vintage or ladylike mysterious attires.

• Like 2
  • Author

Haha, I'm actually going as a sexy/bloody nurse! Lol. Its the theme amongst the 4 women hosts. Im going to also wear a lab coat because its going to be cold. I feel good in the costume, just kept thinking how others would look better. But you're right, I just need to focus on looking and feeling sexy and not worry about anyone else.