Immaturity in one area

I suppose I am not exactly a well rounded person. Can anyone accurately describe me as immature? That depends on what areas of my life we are talking about because it is possible to be very mature in one or several areas and be immature in other areas. But to describe me as immature by personality would not be accurate unless I am immature in all areas.

For example it is possible to be very mature in my professional life and very mature when it comes to money management and taking care of my car and being a socially conscious person such as going out and performing my civic duties like voting around election times and stuff. I may be very mature when it comes to taking initiative on the job to do things above what my boss expects of me and perform well even when nobody is watching. I will run 2 miles when the boss asks me to run 1 mile in a manner of speaking.

However when it comes to how I deal with having a crush on a woman I can be very immature and find myself reverting back to middle school mentality such as pretending not to like her, pretending I do not see her when she comes in the room, sneaking looks at her from time to time when I believe she won't see me, etc.

Anybody of any age and any walk of life can succumb to childish behavior when it comes to dealing with someone they secretly like. They might be mature when it comes to other areas of their lives. Even some folks who serve in the Military may be hard working and excel at their Military career but when it comes to love life and asking a man or woman out they may resort to childish games instead of being direct. Serving in the Military is one of the most honorable careers out there but that doesn't mean one will apply the same boldness and courage when it comes to their dating life as they will when out in combat.

This is hard for folks to believe and so people will be quick to judge me as immature because of how I deal with a crush or the way I go about asking her out because that's all they have to go by. They don't know how mature I handle other areas of my life. I probably take better care of my car than my own body. That won't do me any good. It is a moot point to have a car that runs well if my body is too sick or too dead to drive it. I should be taking care of my body just as good as I take care of my car.

I wouldn't call it "immature"....

I think that sometimes we meet "someone" who throws us off balance...

Then, IMO, the nervousness, insecurities, etc. often happen when you're really into someone...it's scary to be vulnerable to that person.

I mean, with my crush, I get scared and insecure a lot cuz the more I learn about him, it looks he's what I'm looking for...but, because he's what I'm looking for, he's gonna know what makes me tick.

Anywho, I have times I just wanna put my and on his hand or his face and just ask him to trust me - cuz I'm as scared as he is.

P.S., that's why we keep on pushing you to interact with your crush and just have a coffee with her already.;) I mean, sometimes with talking with someone and spending time with them, the anxiety and nervousness subsides...

P.S., that's why we keep on pushing you to interact with your crush and just have a coffee with her already.;) I mean, sometimes with talking with someone and spending time with them, the anxiety and nervousness subsides...

^^^^^^^^ read this bit ^^^^^^^

I need a neon sign to point at this bit!!! Come on Darren - we all have faith in you!

• Like 1
^^^^^^^^ read this bit ^^^^^^^

I need a neon sign to point at this bit!!! Come on Darren - we all have faith in you!

Well, I put it akin to public speaking....

When I have to give a presentation, lead a meeting, or present a position on a case...a lot of times I "prep" before hand (i.e. writing down a speech, going over the PowerPoint, making a list of certain points), then sometimes I just "wing it" cuz I'm familiar with the issue/topic I plan to speak about.

Either way, when I first stand up and start talking, I do feel myself fumbling a little, but the more I talk, I can feel my voice regulating and I flow effortlessly.

So, just trying to say, I believe the anxiety and what-not will subside once you engage the person you are trying to talk to...