Anti psychotic drugs shrink the brain

BigPharma doesn't want you to know this, of course. I'm guessing the patients with shrinking brains are the ones who think the drugs are helping them.

I heard a commercial today asking for volunteers to test a new drug. You have to be taking antidepressants and feel you're not improving (which is most people). This drug would be taken in addition to the antidepressants. Anything to keep the money flowing to BigPharma.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, do you hear the "fine print" at the end of some of those commercials on those drugs? They have a ton of side effects, side effects that can even put you in a worst state of crazy than you were before you started them!!!

I mean, there are some people who really, really need meds cuz they are Krazy and need some sort of chemical way to balance them out...

But, for the most part, I believe that too many doctors (probably cuz they get kickbacks from the pharmaceutical industry) are quick to prescribe a "pill" to resolve this or that.

Sometimes counseling, physical activities, etc. aren't even explored before a pill is prescribed.

BTW, I love how now a days, little boys just being "boys" are labeled as ADD. Boys naturally don't stay still. They have energy, they learn differently from girls. Shoot, I even see the same thing with my dogs. The boy has so much energy and the girl - although she'll play sometimes - she just isn't the same.

Edited by Gloria25
  • Like 2

Right.

Because people who do need anti psychotic are so much better off without their medication...

BTW, alcool also shrinks the brain.

• Like 3
melodymatters

Just to be clear, they are talking about anti-PSYCHOTICS not anti-depressants.

I believe it wholeheartedly about anti-psychotics like risperdal ( the boy boobie law suit anti schizophrenia med) and also refuse to take SSRI's ( all the new antidepressants; Seratonin reuptake inhibitors) as everytime I tried I felt like I was having a stroke on even the lowest doses.

And yeah, after big oil, big pharm is right up there is the sleaze department.

• Like 1
Well, do you hear the "fine print" at the end of some of those commercials on those drugs? They have a ton of side effects, side effects that can even put you in a worst state of crazy than you were before you started them!!!

I mean, there are some people who really, really need meds cuz they are Krazy and need some sort of chemical way to balance them out...

But, for the most part, I believe that too many doctors (probably cuz they get kickbacks from the pharmaceutical industry) are quick to prescribe a "pill" to resolve this or that.

Sometimes counseling, physical activities, etc. aren't even explored before a pill is prescribed.

BTW, I love how now a days, little boys just being "boys" are labeled as ADD. Boys naturally don't stay still. They have energy, they learn differently from girls. Shoot, I even see the same thing with my dogs. The boy has so much energy and the girl - although she'll play sometimes - she just isn't the same.

You know what? I am sick of this argument. lol

Yes, doctors are quick to prescribe meds. But that doesn't mean the medication they are prescribing are crap.

I think critical thinking goes a long way - no matter which side you are on.

Automatically crying 'BigPharma conspiracy theory' all the time isn't much smarter than blindly swallowing every pill you doctor prescribes.

• Like 6
Thegreatestthing

Do you know I was locked up in a mental ward and given so many anti -psychotics as it called that I was frothing at the mouth ,it was the single most traumatising and painful experience of my life ,all because I said I had a vision of man,there was nothing psychotic About my behaviour at All.they are completey hostile to all spiritual experience and diagnose it as delusional and fill you with anti psychotics, in the half of my ancestry that's from tribal people there is nothing unusual or strange about having a vision of a man,.

William Blake one of the major poets of our time had visions and was considered insane in his time,another woman I know was handcuffed ,put away and filled with anti psychotics because she had a vision of her dead father.

The only reason I had the vision was becUse I hadn't slept for three days,anyone who doesn't sleep for three days will have visions,anyone, it doesn't make them psychotic .

• Like 1
todreaminblue

after spending time in a psyche ward over the years with repeat visits at different psyche wards.......after being on many anti psychotics......they truly suck.......i think it was the respiridone injection that made my eostrogen levels 300 times over the normal.....i began producing milk......no joke....300 times the normal

i feel that none of the tests done on me were conclusive to put me on any medication......i believe i am a multiple personality not a schizophrenic.....my religious beliefs that god speaks to me and my beliefs that i see ghosts give me schizophrenic definition.....and or delusions of grandeur...which all my family and friends know...i am not grand.....or believe that i am above any one....exactly the opposite

when i opened up about my past to one doctor recently in a psyche hospital stay...i begged him to verify my history with my mum......so he didnt believe i was some fruit loop making up horrible crap for sympathy........he never did......and my mum was waiting for him to call......

duty of care is what i have to say and doctors who follow the oath they make to find the best treatment and care for their patients as if they were their own......if they all did this....no pharmaceutical company would benefit

in saying that...if they stopped medicating mentally ill people......and just let them out into the world...no one would feel safe..from what i have seen.......you dotn want these people walking around unmedicated on herbal tea....i am talking about anti psychotics...sometimes they need to be medicated .......or they kill or maim people or children......scary stuff..........deb

• Like 1
The Like Fairy

in saying that...if they stopped medicating mentally ill people......and just let them out into the world...no one would feel safe..from what i have seen.......you dotn want these people walking around unmedicated on herbal tea....i am talking about anti psychotics...sometimes they need to be medicated .......or they kill or maim people or children......scary stuff..........deb

Excellent point Deb.

The Like Fairy

That is 100% true. My boys have non-stop energy the whole day through. It's natural.

The parents who have the ADD and/or ADHD kids are always from messed up parents with poor parenting skills who neglect the kids, feed them junk, have no boundaries or discipline, fight in front of the kids, etc etc.

It's almost always a family problem with these kids, I've seen it hundreds of times personally. The kids arent raised right and they end up little spoiled monsters with no impulse control that have to be medicated to be tolerable in a school system.

Ruby Slippers

Last time I checked, the three most profitable industries were energy, oil, and gas; pharmaceuticals; and health care.

• Like 2

I can't speak to the shrinking part but it did appear, over multiple MRI's during an extended period (years) of anti-psychotic use, that the brain of the person I was caring for did exhibit shape changes, or at least that's what the docs shared. We were using heavy duty atypicals like olanzapine and quetiapine and in pretty hefty dosages and over a long period of time, except when baselining to determine basic brain/body function, usually once every six months or so. My personal line was haloperidol as that basically made her into a zombie. Fortunately, the hospital and facilities doctors appeared to be reluctant to use it so that part worked out well.

I recall, when experimenting, taking a half dose of what the patient was seeing, and only for a day, and it threw me for a loop, yet barely phased the patient's psychosis. OTOH, it was a pleasant, if mixed, feeling entering the facility and hearing familiar yelling and occasional obscenities. I knew they weren't over-doing the anti-psychotics. That's the tough part- where to stop. We had to stop short of a chemical straightjacket so, when caring privately, I had to put up with some yelling and violence, as did the carers in the facility.

Personally, I'd only use them as a last resort. We tried everything else; diet, stimulation, environmental, etc. I was lucky that the team were minimalists when it came to drugs; they preferred as little drug intervention as possible. Still, quality of life had to be addressed.

• Like 2
Psychiatry makes me absolutely sick.

Psychiatry, along with anti-anything drugs (psychotics, depressants) is a great sham that has brainwashed much of the population. It's a pseudo-science, so it's not even a real science. It's all just based on opinion. That whole "chemical imbalance" mission statement psychiatrists use to promote the need for anti-psychotic drugs is a sham and anyone who believes that the brain can get chemically imbalanced is naive and needs to go to med school. Seriously.

No biochemical, neurological or genetic markers have been found to support mental illness diseases as being real. Sure, I'll catch a lot of flak for my opinion but I'm immune to the power of marketing that psychiatry uses to promote the lie that low serotonin is what causes depression and other diseases that require anti-psychotics.

Antipsychotics are POISON and they don't do anything but f*ck up the brain, and line the pockets of the psychiatrists who prescribe them, and Big Pharma sales reps who sell them.

• Like 1
Psychiatry, along with anti-anything drugs (psychotics, depressants) is a great sham that has brainwashed much of the population. It's a pseudo-science, so it's not even a real science. It's all just based on opinion. That whole "chemical imbalance" mission statement psychiatrists use to promote the need for anti-psychotic drugs is a sham and anyone who believes that the brain can get chemically imbalanced is naive and needs to go to med school. Seriously.

Yes. Go to med school where they will show you that chemical imbalances in the brain are real and can be fixed with medication...

• Like 4
It's a pseudo-science, so it's not even a real science. It's all just based on opinion.
Peer-reviewed research is not "opinion."
That whole "chemical imbalance" mission statement psychiatrists use to promote the need for anti-psychotic drugs is a sham and anyone who believes that the brain can get chemically imbalanced is naive and needs to go to med school. Seriously.
Have you gone to med school?
No biochemical, neurological or genetic markers have been found to support mental illness diseases as being real.
This is simply not true.
Sure, I'll catch a lot of flak for my opinion but I'm immune to the power of marketing that psychiatry uses to promote the lie that low serotonin is what causes depression and other diseases that require anti-psychotics.
Anti-psychotics are not the same as SSRIs.
  • Like 5
todreaminblue

No biochemical, neurological or genetic markers have been found to support mental illness diseases as being real. Sure, I'll catch a lot of flak for my opinion but I'm immune to the power of marketing that psychiatry uses to promote the lie that low serotonin is what causes depression and other diseases that require anti-psychotics.

Antipsychotics are POISON and they don't do anything but f*ck up the brain, and line the pockets of the psychiatrists who prescribe them, and Big Pharma sales reps who sell them.

I am not a fan of pyschotropic medication because i am one they would prescribe them for.......but.....i am curious writergirl on what you wrote

what woudl you suggest they do with people who exhibit mental illness.....say a man who hallucinates demons onto an average persons face.....or a mother who is supposedly told by voices to kill her kids and therefore starves them to death..or a man who throws his son off a bridge because he wants to die but doesnt want to leave his son behind.......what do you think they should do with people like this....deb

• Like 2
Peer-reviewed research is not "opinion." Have you gone to med school? This is simply not true. Anti-psychotics are not the same as SSRIs.

Peer review research IS opinion. It is research based on observation and opinion. That's all. It's not based on fact because it's analyzing what someone else wrote. That's why it's called "peer review."

I don't need to go to med school to do my own research to form my own opinion. It's ok that you disagree with me. Like I said, I expect to catch flak for my strong opinion but I think psychiatry and anti-psychotic drugs are a sham and poison the brain for no other purpose than to financially line the pockets of some very greedy, unscrupulous, unethical people who dupe vulnerable people into believing their lies, and thus ruin those vulnerable people's lives.

• Like 1
I don't need to go to med school to do my own research to form my own opinion.
Okay, so you don't need to go to med school in order to understand brain chemistry, but everyone else does. And the psychiatrists who did go to med school, and the neurologists, cell biologists, geneticists, etc. who study mental illnesses are all liars. Got it.
  • Like 7

I don't need to go to med school to do my own research to form my own opinion.

What are your research sources, then? You don't think your sources might have ulterior motives of their own?

• Like 2
That whole "chemical imbalance" mission statement psychiatrists use to promote the need for anti-psychotic drugs is a sham and anyone who believes that the brain can get chemically imbalanced is naive and needs to go to med school. Seriously.

Wait. So... you haven't BEEN to med school (because you 'don't need it to do your own research'), but you are telling other people who disagree with you and who HAVE been to med school that they are wrong and you are right... and that they should go to med school to learn that??? :lmao:

Mind successfully blown. I'm outta here...

• Like 4
Okay, so you don't need to go to med school in order to understand brain chemistry, but everyone else does. And the psychiatrists who did go to med school, and the neurologists, cell biologists, geneticists, etc. who study mental illnesses are all liars. Got it.

Twisting my words, really? I said, I don't need to go to med school to do my own research to form my own opinion which is that I think psychiatry is a business. And if you want to believe psychiatry is real, that's fine with me. But it's naive to just accept something at face value. There are no blood tests and no genetic markers to actually detect mental illnesses in the brain.

If you can point me to research how helpful anti-psychotics are, evidence of genetic markers that say a condition like ADHD is real, I'll reconsider my disbelief in what I consider to be a total sham.

Psychiatrists are business men in white coats, who are in cahoots with Big Pharma and Insurance companies to make money at the expense of vulnerable people. Insurance companies can pay psychiatrists 297 different ways, did you know that? The DSM is a business manual for psychiatrists, because it gives them diseases what they can use to bill insurance companies with.

Read Peter Breggin's book, "Toxic Psychiatry" and it will open your eyes to the truth.

Anti-psychotic drugs are poison. That has been proven with lab tests. No mental illness can be proven with a blood test. The only blood tests are given to patients on anti-psychotic to measure the toxicity levels of the chemical ans preservatives that bind the anti-psychotic together, in the patient's blood. But no one has invented a blood test for depression, or any other mental illness. Just for the drugs that treat those "fake diseases."

• Like 1

A friend of mine was recently taken to a psychiatric facility because of his schizophrenia. He was at work (a truck driver) and had a passenger with him. His co-worker had to call the police because, after stating someone was following them, he became violent.

In the months leading up to this event, he was convinced that the gov't was spying on him using lightbulbs. A mutual friend of ours who is one of my very best friends was not taking his initial paranoia seriously enough and neither was I. We both feel very bad about this.

He was spending time absolutely manic looking up conspiracy theories on the internet (days upon days) and feeding his paranoia. I guess it just got to the point he really snapped at work which technically was in public. The police having to take him down because he went "crazy" is very sad. But, this is schizophrenia sometimes. WITHOUT MEDICATION. Anti-psychotics work great for this but most patients complain of being "out of it" and not themselves and stop their medication.

I agree wholeheartedly with Deb on this. Sometimes, these hallucinations put the mentally ill person and others in serious danger.

My best bud and I are dealing right now with a friend being locked up for 2 months because he wasn't on anti-psychotics. The very thing that would've saved him the heartache he's struggling with today.

• Like 2
Wait. So... you haven't BEEN to med school (because you 'don't need it to do your own research'), but you are telling other people who disagree with you and who HAVE been to med school that they are wrong and you are right... and that they should go to med school to learn that??? :lmao:

Mind successfully blown. I'm outta here...

Well, because people who drink the psychiatry kool-aid love to throw around links to support their opinion. My "med school" comment was off-the-cuff, not literal.

But if you need to take my comment as literal to try to put me down for having my own opinion, feel free. I'm not offended. Why should I be? I"m not afraid to state it. And, I'm not going to post links to any resources that debunk psychiatry other than the one book reference, because I'm secure enough in my belief that psychiatry is a sham, and the belief that anti-psychotic drugs are poison and do more harm than good to the brains of people who take them on a regular basis.

• Like 1

To answer the OP: for the record, I've also read that psychotropic drugs can sometimes be overprescribed, especially in America.

But all this conspirational theorism is hurting more than helping the situation IMO. There are studies from multiple countries that prove the connection between serotonin imbalance and several mental health diseases. Obviously medicine isn't perfect, and is evolving on a daily basis. Of course there are some studies that are based on false claims and unethical practices.

But do you people truly believe that thousands of researchers and doctors and pharmacists from multiple countries across the globe are ALL conspiring to swindle money out of your pockets with a nonexistent disease? If so, why only limit this to mental health? Surely every other disease in the history of mankind can also be 'made up'.

If that is your belief, you're entitled to it, but you're not entitled to scaremongering and preventing other people who need help from getting it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, as long as their opinion only impacts the choices they themselves make. So, if you yourself refuse to take psychotropic medications... fine. Other people have the right to choose differently.

• Like 5