Who here has used chemical depilatories before?

CrystalCastles

Hey all!

I have an ingrown hair problem. On my legs. No, its not one tiny little ingrown, though sure wish it was! My ingrowns like to dot my legs like chicken pox, and many of them swell into these huge cyst-like things the size of pennies, and they hurt like a fresh pimple. So I stopped shaving, but now my legs are hairy and I don't want that either. I've tried epilators and wax. Doesn't help. I've also lazered off most of the darker hair but there are the blonde hairs left that the lazer doesn't kill well, and I like my legs to feel smooth.

So! Has anyone used things like Veet or Nair before? Does it work well? Do you get ingrowns? I read that the chemical degrades the keratin in the hair so it leaves a rounded tip, rather than a sharp tip as with other methods, so the hair is less likely to curl in. I'm tired of having visible, painful ingrowns. Anyone got input?

They are OK. I am not a fan of the smell & you have to stand there will this goop on your legs for about 3 minutes before you can wash it off.

• Author
CrystalCastles
You should use a loofah or bath brush on your legs daily to prevent ingrown hairs.

Oh believe me, I do! I bought an excellent one from the Body Shop. I use it every day on my legs, then moisturize right after I get out of the bath. No go. :(

So, its worth trying out? I checked in the store- its 10 bucks- so if the stuff doesn't work at least I didn't waste a whole ton of money. I like that there are sensitive skin options, too.n

I have an OCD thing where I have to pluck a certain patch of hair on my body with tweezers. =/ It leaves me with ingrowns a lot in that area but I just go in after them with my toenail clippers and the resulting mess tends to become not so noticable after 24 hours or so.