What men think of girls phsyical appearance

So I am 21 and struggled with weight in my past. I will go up and then go down. I am now doing well and keeping it off. I am an average size 6 with average breasts. I'm Medium. I am curvy but not fat. People have always told me I have a beautiful face, and when I can keep my weight down people say I look great and I feel great.

I was in a car accident last year and my broken leg made me not able to work out. I gained a lot of weight and felt horrible. I got better and lost a lot of the weight. I didn't even realize until people started commenting I looked little. I had lost all the weight and more. Down to my size 6, and a size small/medium. I was so happy. I didn't have a small lower stomach, it wasn't flat but I was small. I started talking to a guy from my class. We texted and saw each other in class and really hit it off.

He took me out on a date, or what I thought was a date and we spent the day together. We had dinner at the end and we got to talking about us. He told me he loved my personality and loved talking to me, but he usually likes girls with little waists and mine just wasn't. His words exactly. I started to cry. I was so upset. He told me he loved to just grab onto tiny waists. I told him that no one would ever love him because he had flaws too. I told him that I had lost a lot of weight and I was happy with myself. What a ****. I've gained a little weight since then but have remained my size. I met a really nice guy after this ****. He was a lot cuter and he didn't seem to mind my size. He took me out and treated me great.

Is weight and size that important to men. Like I said I am a average size 6, and a little self conscious with my lower stomach not being as fit as I would like. But I am not fat at all. I'm scared that guys don't like me because I am not skinnier. I am self conscious for a guy to ever see me naked.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs

the guy who told you that you weren't tiny enough was an ASS! Put him out of your mind. He is very ugly on the inside.

Your size is fine.

Not that I am a big fan of the Kardashians but there was an article this morning about how people are fat-shaming Kendall, the oldest of Bruce & Kris' kids together. For heaven's sake, she's a runway fashion model in NYC. There is no way on earth she's fat. If anything she's probably too skinny but people are saying she's too fat.

Stop listening to other people. Stop validating yourself by the outside & focus on the fact that you are a good person & clearly someone with enough self discipline to lose weight.

• Like 1

Your a size 6 OP there is noting wrong with your body at all that guy was a jerk if he wasn't attracted to you then he shouldn't have taken you out in the 1st place and yes sadly a lot of boys give into the pressure to have a stick figure gf these days that said luckily there are some men who can think for themselves still out there..

I met a really nice guy after this ****. He was a lot cuter and he didn't seem

to mind my size. He took me out and treated me great.

This is proof that there is nothing wrong with your size.

If the other guy had a problem with your waistline why did he ask you out in the first place? hmmmmm

You are fine and as long as you feel good about yourself, everyone else can **** off!

• Like 1

Not that I am a big fan of the Kardashians

...and I really like Kim's physical appearance. :love:

All men have their idea of what a beautiful woman looks like. To me Kim is sexy. To other men, she is fat.

Some men like the thin women. I don't.

Unlike the jerk you first dated, I don't like tiny waists and small boobs (no offense to anyone...all sizes can be beautiful). I prefer a little size. No, I wouldn't look at a BBW (Big beautiful woman) as my type, but I also don't want the type that is commonly used for models.

Having said all that, the most attractive body and best physical looks are attached to the woman I love. In other words, physical looks are important but without a beautiful personality, looks fade.

I was attracted to my wife first by her looks. She had a body similar to Kim's (a little less hip/butt). However, it was her blue eyes that simply sent quivers through my body.

You will find a guy who will love you as you are. You may want to lose some weight, but your overall "structure" remains. And you will find a guy who loves that. But I am also guessing that while your looks will attract, it will be your personality that keeps him coming back.

JuneJulySeptember

I'm not sure what to say except that people are shallow.

Women complain that men don't appreciate their body and beat themselves up over it. Then, they fight the good fight, become empowered and learn to embrace their body. Why?

So, they can have the confidence to reject men who are unattractive to them.

It's a bit of a negative bent, but it's true. Mostly everybody complains about people being too critical of their looks and then turns around and rejects somebody the person who thinks they are beautiful. It's the way people are.

The fact that somebody said it to your face is a different issue. That makes him an a@@, but everybody else is thinking it, they just don't say it.

• Like 1

I'm sure your body is beautiful. Appreciate it, because a healthy body is a gift!

Don't let some guy's opinion about your body concern you. Really, who cares what he thinks? What significance does it have in your life? Any time worrying over his opinion of your body is too much time.

I have a friend who is 5'4 and 103 lb. She dated a guy who insinuated she was fat and encouraged her to lose weight. Worse part was, she did. (got to like 94 or whatever.)

He was an ass. This guy is an ass.

There are guys who like all types of bodies from extremely thin to extremely large. Most guys have a large range in the middle. I wouldn't worry about it.

I've been anywhere from a loose 2 to a 12 in my life and there have been many, many men who found me beautiful anywhere in there - only my opinion on myself really changed. Actually I got most unsolicited interest around a 6 or 8.

Very few guys find a size 6 to be too large. The ones who do, that's their preference, whatever. The ones who do and feel the need to say it to you instead of it just recognizing you as incompatible, are giant jerks and you're lucky you dodged that bullet.

You don't sound "fat" at all. And you can't group all men into the same preferences. There are men who like bigger woman and some who like petite woman or some who want red heads. You get the picture. I think you need to focus on your own self esteem. Whether you like it or not, you're probably projecting this all over the place when you date men. I've dated women like this. It's a complete turn off. Most men like women who have high self esteem and who are confident in themselves.

Size 6 in England is really tiny. If you were a size 6 and this guy was complaining, then he was off his head. Don't take comments from guys seriously. Unless you are seriously unhealthy, and I mean seriously, there will be guys who find you attractive because of your looks and personality.

Instead of worrying whether you are attractive to guys, you need to start assessing the character of the guys you are talking to. What kind of guy says things like that anyway? What does it say about his personality and values?

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what a guy looks like, what his status is, or personal wealth. If he's shallow and thoughtless he's not worth knowing.

The most important thing is that you are pleased with your appearance, OP. Don't let some idiot's opinion affect your happiness (seriously, who asks out a person they aren't attracted to?).

Having said that, based on what I hear, I would guess the majority of guys would prefer your body type to a skinner woman. I get called out by the fellas for my fondness of skinny women. Just goes to show that, whatever the body type, there is someone who appreciates it.

• Author

Yeah I am glad I stood up to that jerk of a guy. Who says that to someone's face. He even tried to kiss me at the end of the night. I pushed him away. I am only 130 pounds, which is average. I am trying to lose a little more weight just to feel a little better about myself, but overall I am happy in my skin. It just bothers me that if this guy sees me that way then maybe other men do too.

Different men like different things.

But the way he spoke to you was awful.

I'm a size 6 too. Men have told me I could stand to lose a few pounds, while others have told me I'm tiny and should eat more.

If you're not what a man prefers, awesome, you don't have to bother wasting your time, you can move on to someone who likes your shape.

It just bothers me that if this guy sees me that way then maybe other men do too.

That other men aren't attracted to you? That is always going to be the case. No one can satisfy everyone. Even then that doesn't mean they think you are unattractive, you simply aren't there type.

For example, if I got hired to put together some fashion magazine, I might go get Kardashian or Kate Upton. I believe that they are objectively beautiful. At the same time, they aren't my type. Do I think they are ugly? Of course not (well maybe one of them is on the inside), but I don't lust for them.

Edited by Mr Scorpio
Different men like different things.

But the way he spoke to you was awful.

I'm a size 6 too. Men have told me I could stand to lose a few pounds, while others have told me I'm tiny and should eat more.

If you're not what a man prefers, awesome, you don't have to bother wasting your time, you can move on to someone who likes your shape.

I think you meant....."some men have told me........"????

Same applies to men too when a woman is looking for a gym junkie or a Brad Pitt / George Clooney type

I think you meant....."some men have told me........"????

Same applies to men too when a woman is looking for a gym junkie or a Brad Pitt / George Clooney type

Well, clearly. A bit of unclear typing, but yes, the fact that I stated that other men have stated the opposite definitely implies that I was saying "some" men, and not "every man on this planet"

Definitely have no idea what you're getting at with the Brad pitt George Clooney thing. I don't personally find either of them attractive.

Who cares. Do what you want and don't base your confidence on what a guy thinks of you. That is a recipe for personal disaster.

Also, yes every guy has his "personal preferences" but are you going to have a meltdown every time you don't fit some guys personal preference?

That's what you're setting yourself up for with your current way of thinking.

Develop yourself, your confidence and what your OWN preference are.

1. The average American woman weighs between 140-150 pounds and is a dress size 12-14, so you're actually smaller than average.

2. Only very muscular people have completely flat stomachs. Even thin women have a slight curve to their bellies. I didn't have a completely flat stomach even when I was anorexic.

3. 1 & 2 above are irrelevant anyway, because it sounds like he was negging you. If you were a size zero, he'd have said he liked women with a bit of meat on them. The sorry truth is that he probably thought if he could make you feel insecure enough, you'd suck his sad little d**k. So congratulations for not falling for it!