Has Anyone Here Tried Binaural Beats?!

I wanted to know if anyone here has tried them. If so they are heaven sent and help so much with meditating. There are also some that have subliminal messages in them and a bit of hypnosis.

I have a few of them and I listen to them everyday morning and before bed! Thinking positive (no matter what) has helped although I have slipped I picked myself right back up agian.:o

• Like 2

I've listened to them a bit but don't exactly understand what the purpose is. Can you suggest good ones and explain the purpose? Thanks.

I've listed to a few as I go to sleep or when I wake up in the morning on and off and I can't really say they have changed my life. You are a big fan of them it seems. which ones do you listen to and for how long in the AM + PM?

I've tried them for insomnia but can't say they've been very helpful.

Do you use headphones?

Maybe that makes a difference.

I used them extensively for a while, and even created my own subliminal recordings specific to my goals. I think they had a positive impact - or perhaps it was just the effort and focus it took thinking to use them and knowing what they were about.

As a meditation aid, they were great, and made getting into a good mind state much easier. There's solid science behind that aspect.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Author
I've listened to them a bit but don't exactly understand what the purpose is. Can you suggest good ones and explain the purpose? Thanks.

If you go to you tube, and find some by DrNepal its pretty good. I recommend a pair of large headphones that are bassy. The binaruals you use are based on what you need to work on. For me it was stress for a while, then confidence, shyness, energy, sleep, etc.

• Like 1
  • Author
I've tried them for insomnia but can't say they've been very helpful.

Do you use headphones?

Maybe that makes a difference.

Yes headphones make a big difference and are recommended.

evanescentworld

They're good as an initial aid, and give you a direction, but in time, you need to rely far more on your own inner convictions, otherwise they just become a prop; a substitute and just something else to lean on.

• Author
I've listed to a few as I go to sleep or when I wake up in the morning on and off and I can't really say they have changed my life. You are a big fan of them it seems. which ones do you listen to and for how long in the AM + PM?

I usually listen between 8-15mins, there are some that last from 30mins to and hour. I am very restless during the day so I do shorter beats. In the morning I listen to some for energy boosting, depression/happiness or anything in relation to positivity. At night I listen to one for total relaxation, deep sleep or whatever issue I am working on.

evanescentworld

How are you at getting to sleep, or starting your day, without them?

• Author
This one is a good one and I liatenedt during a very tough time in my life;

That one is geared towards easing away stress.

I can post more links that worked for me.

• Like 1
evanescentworld

I repeat my question, OP:

How are you at getting to sleep, or starting your day, without them?
  • Author
I repeat my question, OP:

When I created this thread the point I was getting across is that I don't go without listening to them. My relatives have told me that they felt badly when they missed a day. I haven't missed a day since I posted this.

You have to have lots of repetition and be determined.

Why are you focused on the negative part?

evanescentworld
When I created this thread the point I was getting across is that I don't go without listening to them. My relatives have told me that they felt badly when they missed a day. I haven't missed a day since I posted this.

You have to have lots of repetition and be determined.

Why are you focused on the negative part?

Where am I focused on the negative part? I am merely stating that repeated and prolonged use, negates your own ability to Meditate,and focus independently and find your own level. By becoming overly attached to this kind of stimulus, you are merely replacing one stream of thought with another. I fully realise and,advocate the benefits but it's also extremely important to be able to achieve the same level of positivity and serenity under your own steam.

There's nothing wrong with what you are doing.

But use it to complement personal Meditation, not replace it or live by it.

However well you view it, it is still an "artificial" influence.

Don't read my input as antagonistic. I am supporting your independent well-being, here. :)

I wanted to know if anyone here has tried them. If so they are heaven sent and help so much with meditating. There are also some that have subliminal messages in them and a bit of hypnosis.

I have a few of them and I listen to them everyday morning and before bed! Thinking positive (no matter what) has helped although I have slipped I picked myself right back up agian.:o

I've listened to them and have been curious, but from what I understand, you need good headphones to get the benifit from them. The idea is that there are two beats going on and one side of the headphones picks up one beat more, the other side picks up the other beat more. By listening to certain frequencies, your brain waves are supposed to match the frequency and this is the part that helps you get in a more relaxed, creative, or whatever state of mind your trying to achieve. Again, this is just from what I understand. I hope I haven't gotten it to mixed up. I'm curious about people's experience with this.

But use it to complement personal Meditation, not replace it or live by it.

However well you view it, it is still an "artificial" influence.

Don't read my input as antagonistic. I am supporting your independent well-being, here. :)

If the science supports these binaural beats, then it's not an artificial influence, IMO. The fact is, many things influence our brain chemestry, brain waves, ect. on a daily basis. Poor nutrition can make the brain function less efficiently. Eating right isn't an artificial way to correct the problem, it's the smart thing to do. Of course, it's important to do other things for the best results. This could mean exercise, meditation, staying connected to friends and family, and the binaural beats (if they work).

Edited by angie2443
This one is a good one and I liatenedt during a very tough time in my life;

That one is geared towards easing away stress.

I can post more links that worked for me.

If you go to you tube, and find some by DrNepal its pretty good. I recommend a pair of large headphones that are bassy. The binaruals you use are based on what you need to work on. For me it was stress for a while, then confidence, shyness, energy, sleep, etc.

I'll check them out. Thanks!