If I tried waxing with duct tape.....

xxxDantexEmmelixxx

okay, so I've seen some people online, saying you can wax using duct tape (this is waxing my head hair of course), and have also seen some videos, and online guides... but I'm not sure how effective it would be, it should pull hair out at the roots, right? so if I cut my hair to 1/4 of an inch, so it has something to stick to... would duct tape pull it out at the roots and leave me smooth, skin bald, without any stubble? I know it would hurt like hell, but that's why you use tooth-numbing cream...

just windering what the results would look like besides red and painful, it would tear my flesh off or anything would it?

thanks ^^

• Like 1

What exactly are you trying to achieve with this? To wax all of the hair on your head off?

If so, then shaving with a good razor and a conditioning product is a much better idea.

You can wax your head if you really want to, but there are a lot of nerve endings in the scalp, and it would be very painful. If you do choose this route, buy some wax strips - don't use duct tape. What a ridiculous and pointless idea, all to spare a few dollars. It is not good for your skin, and may cause some serious irritation, which would look disgsuting. It will also be nowhere near as effective as using proper wax strips.

But hey, try it if you like - it's not my head ;)

• Like 5

I thoroughly recommend it. Perhaps you could post a step-by-step tutorial on Youtube....:rolleyes:

Either do it properly, or not at all.

• Like 4
  • Author
xxxDantexEmmelixxx
What exactly are you trying to achieve with this? To wax all of the hair on your head off?

If so, then shaving with a good razor and a conditioning product is a much better idea.

You can wax your head if you really want to, but there are a lot of nerve endings in the scalp, and it would be very painful. If you do choose this route, buy some wax strips - don't use duct tape. What a ridiculous and pointless idea, all to spare a few dollars. It is not good for your skin, and may cause some serious irritation, which would look disgsuting. It will also be nowhere near as effective as using proper wax strips.

But hey, try it if you like - it's not my head ;)

yeah, that's what I'm aiming for ^^

well, I've tried shavers before, but they always leave a stubbly shadow on the head, I want to be smooth, perfect bald :) plus with razors, you have to shave every morning, and it just got too much for me ^^ waxing last longer :p

but hey, I'm a cheapskate like that lol

I think I will try, I just won't come crying if I rip my scalp off :D

• Like 2

As a mostly bald man, I'd recommend against it. I'd also recommend against waxing, which is an approved method of hair removal for many skin areas. The head is IMO just not one of them. My exW is a cosmotologist and the wax pots were out often around here and she even experimented with waxing my back hair. Talk about pain! Fuggetabout the head. No way.

All I do is buzz it up regularly with a cordless clipper she so courteously left behind, using no guard.

IMO, leave the duct tape for repairing the race car at the track. It doesn't belong on your head. In emergencies, I have used it for securing bandages on wounds and it left the skin pretty irritated when removed. Not pleasant.

• Like 3

Try `Gaffer`, tape, the chemicals are slightly different.

Really don`t do this. Sounds very dangerous but a conversation starter no matter how you look at it.

• Like 2