The continous battle of life...

endlessabyss

Yesterday I had to do some serious reflecting on life. I bought a used car yesterday that is already broken. I test drove it before actually purchasing it, pointed out the problems, and had an agreement to get the problems fixed, and purchase the car.

So, I go there, pick the car up, and none of the problems that we discussed were fixed. Typical really, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, be positive, and people take advantage.

This just kind of made me jaded. I felt so used that this salesman lied to me. It feels horrible to know you got conned. I can barely bring myself to drive in the car.

Looking at the loan balance left on the car, I just looked at the rest of my debts. I have 23k in student loans. Another lie. I was told that if I went to college, and got a degree, I could of ended up in a career making reasonable money. I'm currently making 11 dollars and hour, living with my parents, at 28 years old.

I had a lot of health issues, and have over 7k in collections in doctors bills.

I feel like my life is pointless. I feel like I have been lied to, and that I'm just this little economic machine, stressing on how to pay off debt.

I don't really even feel like getting out of bed today.

How do you spin this into a feel good story, since most of the posters here are the masters of positivity?

Edited by endlessabyss
Philosoraptor

Well life seems to suck sometimes. Positivity is just a choice on how you choose to look at the world. It's one of those "well it could always be worse, so be thankful for that at least" type of things.

Why did you proceed to buy the car knowing that the fixes were not complete? Was this agreement written? If so you can take legal action and have the proof in your hand.

• Author
endlessabyss
Well life seems to suck sometimes. Positivity is just a choice on how you choose to look at the world. It's one of those "well it could always be worse, so be thankful for that at least" type of things.

Why did you proceed to buy the car knowing that the fixes were not complete? Was this agreement written? If so you can take legal action and have the proof in your hand.

I proceeded on buying the car because there was an agreement to make repairs on the things I mentioned before picking the car up. I had 2 conversations with the person I worked with before picking the car up, and he said everything was good to go.

There probably is something in the contract that will prevent me from getting the repairs I need. I read the contract to the best of my ability, but am to poor to afford an attorney to explain technicalities. I called him immediately when I got home yesterday, and he told me he would "give me options". I kind of chuckled, because I already know this is going to be a battle.

Your approach is correct. Things could be worse. I could always ditch the car, fail on the loan, and just file for bankruptcy. My student loans will always be there, but at least I'll be working with a clean slate.

Just feel kind of jaded that this guy lied to me. I worked and saved for three months, on slave wage salary, for the down payment. That money could have been used for something else, especially for me, as a poor person.

This, with all my other debt has me stressed.

Feels bad man. But, this to shall pass.

Edited by endlessabyss
melodicintention

What about lemon laws in your state? You could post your question and get free advice on avvo.com or nolo.com, I always post questions there and get a few answers from attorneys. There may be something you can do to fight this.

As far as the hopelessness, I was once there. I'm only paid down to 15k on my student loans, went through bankruptcy, etc...but now I"m 42 and things are better than ever because I held out and did everything I could to remain positive and worked through the problems. I"m still chasing dreams but I'm very happy now. My point is, if you stick to your guns, you will get through this. To me you are just a baby and life hasn't even hardly begun at 28. No one can promise you anything, there simply are no guarantees in life. And nothing worth it comes easy. Greatness comes from adversity, so embrace it.

This too, shall pass.