I know that It sound crazy... but I have this really bad anxious feeling inside.

like If I had a feeling of doom.

isn't that crazy. it makes me feel kind of depressed.

which brings problems with work ... because I just want to lay in my bed and sleep..... and with my current relationship because I feel like he might not really like me which just makes me sound even crazier.. because he tells me how much he likes me everyday.

I think I'm going crazy or I am already there.

I had the same thing, coupled with moments of sheer panic, especially when I first wake up in the morning. I've been on Celexa for a month now, and it's a world of difference.

Can you talk to your doctor about possible depression?

• Author
I had the same thing, coupled with moments of sheer panic, especially when I first wake up in the morning. I've been on Celexa for a month now, and it's a world of difference.

Can you talk to your doctor about possible depression?

I thought about this and I was told to get a therapist first and I did.

all the guy would do was just look at me and nod his head.

Waste of money.

I am a little scared about taking medication though.

wouldn't that have side effects?

im going to talk to my doctor. cause Im fine for a month and then I feel trapped and anxious and alone for another.

I had a panic attack a couple of months back. it was my first real panic attack.

I thought I was going to die.

I thought about this and I was told to get a therapist first and I did.

all the guy would do was just look at me and nod his head.

Waste of money.

I am a little scared about taking medication though.

wouldn't that have side effects?

im going to talk to my doctor. cause Im fine for a month and then I feel trapped and anxious and alone for another.

I had a panic attack a couple of months back. it was my first real panic attack.

I thought I was going to die.

Both my husband and I are on antidepressants... low dose Zoloft for me, Celexa for him. Our only side effects were as follow:

- Decreased libido (for both of us although definitely more so for me, since I had the higher drive to begin with)

- Slightly decreased sexual sensation

- Insomnia for me during the first month.

- Constipation for him, for about two weeks when he began taking the medication.

- Jaw tightening for him, but this wore off after the first week.

After a few months taking the medications, the only side effect that we have remaining is the decreased libido and sexual sensation, and even that has gotten considerably better than it was in the beginning.

Of course, your mileage may vary, but I think the benefits can potentially far outweigh the side effects. Like you, I suffered from some pretty awful anxiety, and the Zoloft made a world of difference within only a few days.

• Like 2

A therapist cannot prescribe meds, only a psychiatrist can.

The most recent antidepressants are safe and have minimal side effects. It's worth a chat with your doc.

I've been there - under the blankets with panic, wanting to suffocate myself rather than get up. I didn't want to take meds either, and really believed they wouldn't help. I was soooo wrong.

Hope you feel better soon, hang in there!

• Like 2
  • Author

Thanks guys I called the office now to make an appt.

my grandmother killed herself from one of these depressions.

so I don't take it lightly... I want to make it past 28.

• Like 1
Mycatsnuggles

Good for you making an appt!!

Now make a list of your symptoms. Write them down. For myself until I saw my symptoms on paper I did not recognize it as depression. Also when I went to the doctor I would minimize the symptoms which prevented me from getting treatment. Be honest with yourself and the doctor. If you have anxiety or depression it is a disease not a weakness. Keep that appointment! No excuses!!

A therapist cannot prescribe meds, only a psychiatrist can.

The most recent antidepressants are safe and have minimal side effects. It's worth a chat with your doc.

I've been there - under the blankets with panic, wanting to suffocate myself rather than get up. I didn't want to take meds either, and really believed they wouldn't help. I was soooo wrong.

Hope you feel better soon, hang in there!

Her PCP should also perfectly able to prescribe antidepressants. Hell, even her OBGYN, for that matter. Both of those prescribed mine.

There are tons of different medications nowadays, and some help more than others, but it's definitely worth a try!

• Like 1

Sometimes anxiety happens when we are ignoring an issue we need to address. Depression might be it, though it could be something else.

It's good that you made an appointment to see a doctor. I don't see medication as a long-term solution, but it can help make stress levels more manageable while you deal with whatever problems need to be dealt with.

• Like 1
Her PCP should also perfectly able to prescribe antidepressants. Hell, even her OBGYN, for that matter. Both of those prescribed mine.

There are tons of different medications nowadays, and some help more than others, but it's definitely worth a try!

Um, yea, that's what I meant. That she didn't need a 'therapy type' person, just her primary. Hence, I suggested she just see her doc.

I should have said 'Out of those who provide therapy, only....'. I'd bet that SSRIs are the most commonly drug prescribed by primaries.

• Like 1