No social life, no oportunities, nothing.

Hello.

22 years old guy.

All my friends are gamers. I was never much of a gamer, but I enjoyed it for a while, but it's been over the top. Waaaaaaay too much. It's same thing every day. Nothing special happens. We gather at one's home and play LAN games or watch youtube. I love outdoors, they don't. I want to do stuff, but i have no one to do stuff with. I never really understood how they're not getting tired of the same thing for years now. No mutual interest between us. If they're not gaming, they're talking gaming.

My social life is inexistent.

I had friends i used to do interesting stuff with, but that was years ago. They've either left town(i live in a small town). Some others, have ditched me(why, i don't know). One I used to think we were like brothers, forgot i even exist. Most of these guys are now busy, paving their way to successfulness in life, have girlfriends, some have gotten married.

I want to go out. I'm outgoing, but have nobody to go out with. I want to meet new people but there's nobody around to introduce me to new people.

While at this age I should be partying, meet people, get laid, get the most out of my life..... it's the same routine everyday. Years are literally flying by and i'm afraid i'll hit the 30s without any changes. The best years of my life are wasted, or will be wasted.

I have sweet childhood and teens memories, but that isn't supposed to be the best time of your life.

I know this sounds like 1st world problem, but i feel like i'm rotting inside ''the box'' i'm trapped.

At work, the youngest dude is 15 years older than me. Go to work, go back home, eat, sleep, rinse and repeat.

For some time now, I started doing outdoor activities and practice hobbies by myself. Because there's no one around to join me. But i got sick of that too.

What could i do? I desperatly NEED a change in social life.

Edited by potatopie

My husband's situation sounds identical to yours. My husband is a casual gamer and anime/comic fan. His friends are obsessed...spend 12 hours in lines for new release marvel movies. I'd like to meet more people too, so I'd recommend you check out craigslist strictly platonic section and also meetup.com to meet new people.

melodicintention

What about college? Have you already gone? If not, could you go? I'm in a rut myself socially and have decided to go back to college partially in attempt to make friends and network. Besides the previous posters suggestions, I would add to try taking some sort of classes, whether in college or even at hobby lobby or something, that will help you network and meet people with similar interests besides gaming.

• Author
What about college? Have you already gone? If not, could you go? I'm in a rut myself socially and have decided to go back to college partially in attempt to make friends and network. Besides the previous posters suggestions, I would add to try taking some sort of classes, whether in college or even at hobby lobby or something, that will help you network and meet people with similar interests besides gaming.

I graduated university a year ago. I can't say it was quite what i expected, but it was interesting and definetely more fun than present day.

Now i am following a master's degree somewhere near my hometown. Most people here are from other parts of the country. They come and leave afterwards. The most ''social'' thing i got there is a heartbreak.

• Like 1
I graduated university a year ago. I can't say it was quite what i expected, but it was interesting and definetely more fun than present day.

Now i am following a master's degree somewhere near my hometown. Most people here are from other parts of the country. They come and leave afterwards. The most ''social'' thing i got there is a heartbreak.

I know that feeling. Going from undergrad to a master's degree can be lonely. Join all the social clubs you can that stem from your master's degree. You get to do something every couple weeks.

Try reconnecting with some of the buddies you lost contact with.

Join groups that do things. MeetUp.com is great but that isn't all that helpful in a small town. Although you could try starting your own group.

I know many people think they are for old farts but try joining civil organizations like the Elks, the Moose, the Masons, the Lions, or even the volunteer fire department etc. They do a lot of active things & you will meet new people with whom you can do other things.

Also consider getting involved in your alumni association from college.

Try going to trade shows or industry events for your field. You may meet like minded people.

mtnbiker3000

Meetup.com. You can find other people who want to do the same things you are interested in...