What happened when you changed your hair color?

I am thinking of changing mine to see if it changes the sort of men I attract.

What color did you have before and what sort of men did you meet/date? After you changed the color, did the men or your dating experiences change?

Men are welcome to chime in with their experiences with their girlfriends or being attracted to a certain hair color. Is one color more relationship material and the others party girl or high maintenance?

HeartDesires

When you say "relationship material" vs "high maintenance" it sounds like you're comparing brunettes to blondes/redheads.........I can tell you from personal experience that I feel I am taken more seriously by men - and just people in general, since switching from blonde to brunette :)

Men don't particularly care about our hair colour, in my experience.

Sure bright orange is going to get a notice...but after their 3-second attention to that, it's still gonna be something else about us that either does or does not keep their attention.

Meaning...just do it whatever colour will bring you the best inner feeling...and change it whenever, however you feel in the mood. Experiment for sure...but always also so that YOU'RE feeling great about what you're doing for, with, to yourself.

My natural hair colour is sort of a mousy brown but it hasn't been that way since I was in high school (and I went on exactly one date in high school, with a fellow I didn't even like). Since then it's been warm brown, dark brown, reddish brown, very red, and black. I haven't noticed any correlation between a colour and amounts of male interest or the types of men who are interested (or not).

melodicintention

I wear wigs and honestly, I do get treated differently depending on the wig I wear. I'm dark complected and I normally wear a long dark brown wig that is layered and bouncy on most days. But sometimes I get crazy and go out as a blonde! Living by the beach, I get hit on by a lot of surfers when I go blonde, but I never get hit on by them when I'm brunette. Then sometimes I wear a shoulder length reddish brown wig and when I wear it, all the latino men hit on me. If I wear my stick-straight butt-length black wig, well in Miami I couldn't scrape the Cubans & Italians off me! So yes, I think different hair colors and styles do attract different men.

• Like 1

I dunno, for me its the style not colour that turns my head to a girl. But i know that different colours can make you feel more confident. When i was a blonde bombshell it was a big no no.;)

Having said that i have actually no idea what my mums real hair colour is as its alway been a reddish brown and bobbed. Obviously my father approved.

Candy_Pants

I got more superficial attention as a blonde. As a brunette I get more serious attention. And with purple hair I had lots of party invites :D. The length seemed to make a difference as well. With long hair people think I'm at least 5 years younger.