working with a nutritionist

I haven't been feeling well. Western medicine is failing me. The doctors keep saying they don't know or it's all in my head. So I'm trying to deal with the problem myself.

I know I have a lousy diet & need to change it. But I can't go from unhealthy to organic vegan overnight -- not that I even want to go that extreme.

I just want some help -- menu planning, cutting down on sugar etc.

Does anyone have tips on how to find a good nutritionist who is more than a dietician but not a complete zealot?

If you would be so kind as to share your experiences working with a nutritionist, that would be most appreciated. TIA.

I know from your posts, your definitely more of a live person to person type LOL.....

I don't have any experience with a live nutritionist (I don't think I could deal with a live person, Id prefer an online program ;)), but I get alot of good info online and from books.

I've found plenty of awesome recipes on pinterest focused on different methods of eating: gluten free, low carb, vegetarian.....etc

In turn, going to the recipes leads to blogs and articles with a ton of info.

• Author

I can find info like that but I need somebody to push me to implement it. As you say, I'm more of a person to person type. But thanks for trying to help me.

Ask your doctor to refer you to a registered dietician and your insurance might pay for it especially if you are overweight. He could use the excuse pre-diabetes. Having blood work before and after the diet change might give you the motivation you need when you see the improved numbers in black and white.

Sounds like all you need to do is "eat clean" with a balance of fat, protein and carbs, and stop all the prepared foods. You don't have to go organic or vegan. Google Mediterranean Diet. That is one of the healthiest out there and it's not just for weight loss. Also happens to be delicious if you like Greek or Italian food.