You Should Apply to This!

My mom says why not go to Kmart, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us, etc. And tell them that you wanna do stock or warehouse type of work and put away the merchandise etc.

Oh yeah right mom they're really going to magically give me the job IF I tell them I want this type of job!

UH it DOES NOT work that way. Oh no my mom says I DIDN'T have experience and I worked at Sears years ago and you don't have experience and you can get a job!

She's only trying to help....

My mothger offered similar advice:

Why don't you apply to schools, institutions or rest homes to be a driver for them? You drive really well...."

Yes, thanks....You need a PSV licence, mother, and they cost money and unemployment benefit doesn't cover it; there are no grants or loans available, and besides, there also has to be a vacancy...and generally speaking, for a lot of 'Driver wanted' jobs, you have to have your own vehicle, which then means insuring it for work purposes (upgrade) and you have to buy fuel, tax it, make sure the MOT is valid.... in other words, you have to 'speculate to accumulate'... and I 'ain't got nuffin' to spekewlate wiv'....:rolleyes:

:D

you know, since you speak american or whatever accent you have, there are tons of immigrants who want to speak as good as you do and they just want someone to talk to them, teach them idioms, phrases, etc

You can always start an online page on Facebook, put your number, charge like 10 dollar for an hour and you can meet them at Starbucks or whatever closest to your place and you can really find people who are eager to learn the accent

try to advertise on craigslist

Remember to always meet them on public, and never start a romantic relationship with your clinet because it's business only ..Relationships ruin business

This is my advice..

• Like 1
  • Author
you know, since you speak american or whatever accent you have, there are tons of immigrants who want to speak as good as you do and they just want someone to talk to them, teach them idioms, phrases, etc

You can always start an online page on Facebook, put your number, charge like 10 dollar for an hour and you can meet them at Starbucks or whatever closest to your place and you can really find people who are eager to learn the accent

try to advertise on craigslist

Remember to always meet them on public, and never start a romantic relationship with your clinet because it's business only ..Relationships ruin business

This is my advice..

Ha I'm not doing that. And I had the interview at Kmart DID NOT get the job.

MuddyFootprints

They aren't going to magically give you the job if you don't apply, either.

Check your attitude. There are employers out there who would much rather hire someone with a great attitude, with a good work ethic, and is willing to learn over someone who is experienced and blase.

• Like 1
  • Author

Well they said even with my qualifications and what I had to offer them they didn't want me on their team so I didn't get the job.

And I have been applying elsewhere but no luck yet.

I managed to get full time work through agency work. For quite some time, I opted to work with various agencies whenever work was available, and eventually I was taken on my Walmart in one of their warehouses doing night shift stuff. Boy, I hated it, but it was a job, and it did pay the bills.

• Author
I managed to get full time work through agency work. For quite some time, I opted to work with various agencies whenever work was available, and eventually I was taken on my Walmart in one of their warehouses doing night shift stuff. Boy, I hated it, but it was a job, and it did pay the bills.

Why did you hate it? My mom says I am great at organizing stuff etc.

Try Trader Joe's. I heard you can start at $40K. I had a neighbor who worked at Whole Foods and really liked it.

I had a neighbor who worked at Whole Foods and really liked it.

I'd rather work for Bernie Madoff. Way more honest way to make a living. :p

Have you ever gone in and introduced yourself to the manager prior to applying napy? It's competitive out there for every job nowadays. Maybe you'll luck out and he'll turn out to be a guy in a metal band, kill two birds with one stone.