Have you made any New Years' resolutions yet?

2013 will be different for me, or so I want to believe.

I would like to eat better, get out more, have better sleep habits, if not quit smoking at least cut down quite a bit.

I also vow to be more open to meet people. Being a bit shy, I believe guys don't get any positive vibes from me. Letting myself open up to willingness to smile more, be friendlier, and much more outgoing.

Yikes, as I just read what I wrote, I realize those are a lot of New Years' resolutions!

I stick to the following:

1. Eat better

2. Have better sleep habits

3. Smoke less and consider cessation preparation to quit

4. Make myself more open to the relationship process

Has anyone else thought of their 2013 resolutions? Please share; it may give me some ideas I haven't bothered to consider.

My New Years resolution is to stick to all the comments I have made to myself. I have a lot to improve on myself, and I only hope that things may fall into place the way I would like them to. But there is only a slim chance they may. But at least I will have improved myself.

Resolutions:

1. Go to anger management for one year

2. Go to therapy for on year

3. Continue a good relationship with my STBXW

4. Give my kids a great year

5. Stop smoking

6. Most important improve myself for all around me

• Like 1
ooglesnboogles

I don't think I've ever seriously made New Years Resolutions before, mostly just joining in the fun of saying things on New Years Eve and never intending on following through. But this year, I've decided to change that. So here are mine:

1) Lose weight/get fit

2) Make friends/find myself a nice girlfriend

3) Learn to straight-razor shave =D

The last few months have been remarkably encouraging for me. I've been continually losing weight (though I know I gained some fat back over the past holiday week), I've been making big strides socially and actually have people to talk to and text instead of sitting alone most nights, and I've decided I'd rather spend a hundred bucks on a good straight razor and feel awesome every time I shave than spend sixty bucks a year for a fairly good but not perfect shave (courtesy of Gillette).

So those are mine. I'm aiming reasonably because I know I have trouble following through with things. I also wanted to be very specific in my goals since I've had trouble being too broad. I've come up with fairly good ways to get what I want, I just have to stick with em. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to achieve those goals, and actually I'm hoping to achieve them before June. So I suppose they're my half-year resolutions. Hopefully they go well!

• Like 1
I don't think I've ever seriously made New Years Resolutions before, mostly just joining in the fun of saying things on New Years Eve and never intending on following through. But this year, I've decided to change that. So here are mine:

1) Lose weight/get fit

2) Make friends/find myself a nice girlfriend

3) Learn to straight-razor shave =D

Good for you, man! Just one thing if I may. I think goals 1 and 3 are great because they are things you can control. 2 is different, though. I'd suggest tweaking 2 to drop out the "find myself a nice GF" part. That's just undue pressure. If it happens in 2013, great. But making it a resolution to me reeks of it being a self-fulfilling prophecy to NOT happen. I'd tweak 2 to just be "Be a better me." You do that, and the GF is more likely to come.

As for me, my goals in 2012 were mainly to get a full time job and launch my career off the ground finally. I finally did it :)

My resolution for 2013 is to finish my resolutions from 2006 lol... namely, lose weight. In all seriousness, I don't really believe in resolutions anymore. They're usually fleeting. I do hope to meet some cool new ppl and forge a new solid social circle. Right now I'm super homebody and really don't hang out with any friends. My full time job has consumed me, and in the process I've been content just going to work and then chilling at home. I hope to strike a better balance in 2013.

I'll be turning 30 in the summer time, yikes. I still want a GF but you know what? No longer even a priority. In fact, I *DAMN* enjoy my singleness right now. I can just slob around and enjoy my Netflix, video games and PAQ (Peace And Quiet). I've come to appreciate quiet nights at home. One day, I'd like to meet someone special but ya know what, if it never happens I won't be bitching about it, either. I learn being content in all situations is one of the keys to truly being happy. i.e. not being envious of others, etc.

• Like 3

My plan this year

1. Read some more pua material

2. Improve my social skills by taking a communication skills class

3. Take advantage of a less busy semester by cold approaching at least 50 girls

4. Expand my social circle

5. Weight lifting

6. Lose virginity within the next few months, even if I have to pay for it

7. Change my personality to one that attracts women

• Like 1
  • Author

Sun Devil,

Please give me examples on how you're going to change your personality; I sure need some pointers!

You have lots of goals, I hope you much success:).

ooglesnboogles
Good for you, man! Just one thing if I may. I think goals 1 and 3 are great because they are things you can control. 2 is different, though. I'd suggest tweaking 2 to drop out the "find myself a nice GF" part. That's just undue pressure. If it happens in 2013, great. But making it a resolution to me reeks of it being a self-fulfilling prophecy to NOT happen. I'd tweak 2 to just be "Be a better me." You do that, and the GF is more likely to come.

I agree with ya, but I already know it's going to happen. I dunno who, what, when, where, why, or even how. But it'll happen. So I figured if I make it a resolution, it'll feel that much better to cross it off the list :laugh: I like crossing things off my lists, but it feels like cheating if I add it just to cross it off. Earlier this year, it probably would have been undue pressure for me. But since I'm already something good is going to happen, I'm not too worried. Before, I was making game plans and trying to figure out what I needed to do to make it happen; now I feel like I just gotta keep doing what I'm doing and it'll work out. Seems to be working so far, I just need to keep at it.

But yeah, if I didn't feel that way, I'd probably have to remove it from the list :p

1. start therapy

2. get a new job

3. focus on expanding my social life by going to more photography group meetups, go to at least one young women group meetup, become involved in a volunteer project

4. get at least 10 more followers on my blog

5. save enough money for a jamaica trip

there's more than that but writing these out are making me feel overwhelmed so I'll just stop at 5. These are goals that I've had for a while and have been planning to do anyway. I like the idea of starting them up in a fresh year, though. This year has been all about figuring out who I am. I want the year 2013 to be more about connecting with other people.

• Like 1
PS- Get to post #1,000 before the New Year. +1, LOL!

To NOT get to post #11,000 before the new year!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I should get me a new account. :lmao:

• Like 3

This next year I'll be focusing primarily on my career and making charitable impacts on the world around me.

1. Employee of the month

2. Promotion

3. Organizing a V-Day (vday.org) event for charity

4. Save money to volunteer in India for a women's empowerment program for at least 2 weeks

5. Draft a business plan

Those are the biggest things. I have some other little things, like reading more nonfiction books (I'm going to pick out one new book a month), attending more local events, and gaining back the weight I lost.

• Like 2

1) be healthier physically

2) be healthier spiritually

3) be healthier emotionally

4) move to Rome or Milan

5) travel more

6) more sex

• Like 1
  • Author

I would like to add all but #4 to my list! I'm looking forward to 2013 b/c I am sure it will be much better than last year; I have a more positive mindset now.