For the last couple of weeks i feel like if im slowly falling into a very dark dark place. i have no energy, my heart feels as cold as ice. i dont want to get up in the mornings, but i cant sleep at night. i dont laugh,i dont cry. i feel very lonely, even though i am in a somewhat succesful relationship, i dont eat, i watch tv but i dont see anything, i read but i dont comprehend. i dont know what is wrong. i feel very helpless. i am usually a very happy go lucky person. yesterday i couldnt even get up to go to work. thats when i realized i have a problem. i am thinking about getting therapy but its so expensive.... and honestly i dont even know what i need it for. does everyone go through this? not wanting to get up from bed. not wanting to listen to music. all i want to do is just lay there until i dont feel weak anymore. i have this sadness that has fallen over me like a blanket, just covering every inch of my existence. :( i dont know how to get help. and noone listens to me when i speak. im almost ready to just give up.

HeavenOrHell

Sorry you're feeling like this, you do sound depressed, could you go to your GP and tell him/her how you feel?

I identify with a lot of what you said.

No, not everyone experiences this.

I hope things improve for you soon.

For the last couple of weeks i feel like if im slowly falling into a very dark dark place. i have no energy, my heart feels as cold as ice. i dont want to get up in the mornings, but i cant sleep at night. i dont laugh,i dont cry. i feel very lonely, even though i am in a somewhat succesful relationship, i dont eat, i watch tv but i dont see anything, i read but i dont comprehend. i dont know what is wrong. i feel very helpless. i am usually a very happy go lucky person. yesterday i couldnt even get up to go to work. thats when i realized i have a problem. i am thinking about getting therapy but its so expensive.... and honestly i dont even know what i need it for. does everyone go through this? not wanting to get up from bed. not wanting to listen to music. all i want to do is just lay there until i dont feel weak anymore. i have this sadness that has fallen over me like a blanket, just covering every inch of my existence. :( i dont know how to get help. and noone listens to me when i speak. im almost ready to just give up.

I agree with the above. A doctor can do a more thorough exam, as you never know if the problem is emotional or some other physical problem.

Don't give up!