Life goals list yours to give me some ideas!

Hi

How do people find a purpose in their life? I'm in my mid 20's and have no life goal or target.

I love the idea of having a long term goal and putting in massive effort to eventually get it. I just have absolutely no goals.

I've read here that this helps massively when trying to get over a girl. Something to throw yourself in. I have nothing to throw myself into.

What's yours?!

MissMonicaNicole

Hey there.. This is my first post! Hahah woo hoo. Anyway.. I think at the end of the day,what each of us wants is happiness and good health? I think those lead our lives in directions to further ourselves with knowledge or certificates/ect..$$ and all of the other stuff.

You need to ask yourself what makes your happiest? Not something that involves another person doing for/with/to you. Hmm.. random, but say you're into the outdoors.. Push yourself to try something involving the outdoors that you havent yet. kayaking.. hiking to new places, ect.

Do you have interest in music? Sing, learn to play something new. Passion grows I believe when we really enjoy something.

But bottomline, don't stress over not having "any" goals, it is your goal to have a goal is it not? :p

• Author

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Sadly what makes me happiest is doing nothing.

There are a few things I'd like to learn to do but just see them as pointless as they won't really be useful for me in a career etc. Just be learning for the sake of it. There' no long term goal pushing me to do anything.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Sadly what makes me happiest is doing nothing.

There are a few things I'd like to learn to do but just see them as pointless as they won't really be useful for me in a career etc. Just be learning for the sake of it. There' no long term goal pushing me to do anything.

Well if you enjoy sitting and doing nothing then meditate. It can help you focus on what you truly want from your life. google it or use youtube for a guide.

• Like 2
Million.to.1

My life goals are....

* to work for myself / own my own business. ( i'm slowly setting this up now )

* to travel more. Next on the list is the Americas. Canada too. and all of south america. do it over 4-5 months. I want to do every continent n the world at least once. I'm over half way there at 32.

* Do more adventure sport before i get to old. Snowboarding/ kite surfing / but most importantly HANG-GLIDING.

* I want to do hospice work at some stage.

* Go to more protests of causes i support.

* To leave a legacy of amazing gardens. (this is my business )

* To find love

* to (hopefuly) have children.

* To live by the ocean.

* To look after my parents as they get old.

* to take an overseas trip with my mum before she gets too old to travel.

* to bulid a house from scratch. ( i mean design and help.. i'm not a builder)

* To be able to make all my favourite foods... things like duck liver pate and brulee

.. geez... i could go on forever. there is so many amazing things tod n the world. It's more eliminating what i won't have time for!!

• Like 2

To be in a mutually happy marriage for life to my Ideal Man who believes I am his Ideal Woman, living in our Ideal House in a safe, beautiful area of outstanding natural beauty.

• Like 1

Happiness is such a broad term because it can be used in many passions. In all honesty there are times when I too am "happy" to just sit and do nothing. Sometimes that is exactly what our body/mind needs at that time.

Perhaps you are struggling with this question because you have yet to attempt many challenges. By that I mean to challenge yourself to try new things. Fill your schedule with activities that either you are interested in, or never thought you would be. I do not remember the author, but there is a quote about not knowing if you like something until you try it. So, instead of sitting and thinking about what you may enjoy to help you find purpose in life, perhaps some action needs to be taken.

Check out local community calendars, meet-ups in your area, or anything you can to get out there and begin a journey of self exploration. Along that journey you are bound to find something that relates to a passion that is deep inside of you.

I hope this helps a little. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Author
Well if you enjoy sitting and doing nothing then meditate. It can help you focus on what you truly want from your life. google it or use youtube for a guide.

Does meditating really help? I've never tried it as I always thought I'm just not a spiritual person in the slightest.

TheHighWayMan

These are some unrealistic goals, but I truly do hope to some day achieve them. Become rich and influential, so I'll have the means to accomplish my true goals :) End poverty, kill discrimination, and terminate oppression. I hope to improve the quality of all human life and change this world for the better. I'm a pretty radical environmentalist, and I've always wanted to shut down the oil business.

Does meditating really help? I've never tried it as I always thought I'm just not a spiritual person in the slightest.

People always believe meditation is connected to religion or spirituality.

It can be - but absolutely doesn't have to be.

Meditation is really about training your mind to focus, and not be flighty.

It's actually extraordinarily challenging, but through diligent practice, you can tame your thoughts and discard the pointless ones, and give valuable head-room to those which serve you.

• Like 2

Try this one it's easy.

Deepak Chopra suggests it, I love it.

Sit comfortably, close your eyes, relax, and breath. On your in breath say 'just' and on your out breath, say 'be'. If your mind begins to wander, bring it back to focus on the breath. Do this for ten minutes. Then ask yourself, who am I and what do I want.

You don't have to be spiritual, you don't have to be anything, you just have to be you. :)

• Like 2

-get my bachelors degree next summer

-obtain a better paying job with benefits shortly after

-do some travelling

-become more financially stable

-do some modeling/cosplay videos

-eventually get a masters degree

-own a home

-have kids when most of the above is completed

on final thing on meditation....

you don't have to sit in the contorted lotus position, with chimes, tinkling music, candles, incense and quiet....

You can meditate just sitting in a chair, or propped up against a wall...

Or you can meditate while you wash dishes, or vacuum, or paint the door...without any internal chatter or commentary....just do the task without thinking about the task....

Or you can meditate while walking, just by looking at everything you see, without labelling anything a 'car' a 'tree' a 'kid' a 'dog' a 'truck'....

Just walk, look, see, don't think about it.....

• Like 3
on final thing on meditation....

you don't have to sit in the contorted lotus position, with chimes, tinkling music, candles, incense and quiet....

You can meditate just sitting in a chair, or propped up against a wall...

Or you can meditate while you wash dishes, or vacuum, or paint the door...without any internal chatter or commentary....just do the task without thinking about the task....

Or you can meditate while walking, just by looking at everything you see, without labelling anything a 'car' a 'tree' a 'kid' a 'dog' a 'truck'....

Just walk, look, see, don't think about it.....

But this is what I had in mind for dmmm's first time. :D

http://www.katsaksyoga.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Dwi-Pada-Sirsasana-Yoga-Pose-BKS-Iyengar.jpg

- become a freelance writer

- live by the sea

- see a rainforest

- swim with dolphins

- go travelling again before I turn 30

- find that special someone

now I feel depressed that I haven't done any of those things yet. Most of them require making a certain amount of money so I can afford to do them... which is part of the reason I want to start doing writing on the side

Oh, yeah, that's a good place to start.....

Important to wear clean underwear, though.

Call me old-fashioned.... :p

• Like 1
MyHeartTakesOver

In one year's time I want

1. To have my body how I feel it should be.

2. To have graduated.

3. To have a job.

4. To have finsihed work on a music project I've been working on.

5. To have refound myself.

After this, I will then reopen my life so that my soulmate can walk into it and find someone who they deserve.

In one year's time I want

1. To have my body how I feel it should be.

2. To have graduated.

3. To have a job.

4. To have finsihed work on a music project I've been working on.

5. To have refound myself.

After this, I will then reopen my life so that my soulmate can walk into it and find someone who they deserve.

I would venture to say you never 'lost' yourself.

you merely found yourself overwhelmed by a situation where you gave priority to someone else, and they took advantage to the extent that you didn't see it coming...You just forgot where you should have been in priorities, when it comes to serenity, contentment and love.

First.

It's a generally accepted fact that 'soulmates' don't exist....Many, many people here, with broken hearts, lament the loss of their 'soulmate' - who clearly, was nothing of the kind, because otherwise... well, guess what?

your best, most reliable and worthy soulmate - is you.

Everyone else is a gamble, and constant maintenance and upkeep.

And a lot of the time it works - and a lot of the time it doesn't.

Keep striving for your practical goals - but look after yourself.

The more self-assured, confident and dignified you can become, the more the rest will follow.

MyHeartTakesOver

Thank you. This is very good and wise advice I think. Especially in the first paragraph. I lost my way, not myself, and the person who I am knew that and reacted badly to the circumstances I'd let myself get involved with.

I'm a bit of a Cabalist/Platonist/Romantic. I DO believe in soulmates as two parts of one whole seperated in this world but who, when conditions are right can find each other. I think that is a rare occurance though and the best way of findinf that person is to focus on making yourself the best you, you can be for your own sake. If they find you; wonderful. If they don't then your still operating at your highest level.

Do it - and we want pictures..... even if they DO get posted on FAIL....! :laugh:

• Like 1
These are some unrealistic goals, but I truly do hope to some day achieve them. Become rich and influential, so I'll have the means to accomplish my true goals :) End poverty, kill discrimination, and terminate oppression. I hope to improve the quality of all human life and change this world for the better. I'm a pretty radical environmentalist, and I've always wanted to shut down the oil business.

You're obviously VERY young.