Don't understand why Women don't like or are afraid of me

Im 30 years old and all for all my life it has seemed that women either dont like me or are afraid of me

I don't consider myself ugly at all i consider my self fairly good looking and I've been told that my many women but I am also very tall at 6ft 5 and I keep myself fit so I have a physique like a basketball player and I keep myself very well groomed so if anything i shouldn't get this problem

I really don't understand what's wrong with me to make women seem uncomfortable near me they avoid eye contact and when I see them walking in my direction their head and eyes automatically drop to the floor

Im thinking its because im tall they might feel slightly intimidated but are not women meant to like tall guys I've seen other tall guys even taller than me have no problems this is really getting me down I just dont understand it

This happens at work as well I work in IT support and sometimes I need to go to the users desk to help them face to face and I absolutely hate it cause I know that some of them will be uncomfortable which makes me uncomfortable which makes the whole situation awkward

This really effects my confidence I'm a shy guy who never approaches women all he women I've had have all approached me but i can't rely on that for the rest of my life

whichwayisup
Im 30 years old and all for all my life it has seemed that women either dont like me or are afraid of me

I don't consider myself ugly at all i consider my self fairly good looking and I've been told that my many women but I am also very tall at 6ft 5 and I keep myself fit so I have a physique like a basketball player and I keep myself very well groomed so if anything i shouldn't get this problem

I really don't understand what's wrong with me to make women seem uncomfortable near me they avoid eye contact and when I see them walking in my direction their head and eyes automatically drop to the floor

Im thinking its because im tall they might feel slightly intimidated but are not women meant to like tall guys I've seen other tall guys even taller than me have no problems this is really getting me down I just dont understand it

This happens at work as well I work in IT support and sometimes I need to go to the users desk to help them face to face and I absolutely hate it cause I know that some of them will be uncomfortable which makes me uncomfortable which makes the whole situation awkward

This really effects my confidence I'm a shy guy who never approaches women all he women I've had have all approached me but i can't rely on that for the rest of my life

Start wearing goofy and fun shirts if possible, once in a while. It'll show the lighter and fun side of you. Work on your humour and show them how funny you can be. If they are intimidated by your height, that's stupid on their behalf!

• Like 1

Supposedly if a womans eyes drop to the floor when you make eye contact with them it's supposed to be some sort of submissive thing and means they're attracted to you.

The women at work may feel uncomfortable around you because you're so shy. Shyness will show in you body language and the way you talk, and if it's bad enough you will make other people feel uncomfortable/uneasy.

HokeyReligions

If your problem is not outward, then its time to look inward. Your personality, sense of humor, self confidence, the way you treat others, the way you talk about yourself, etc. is where the problem is. Actually - IMHO - this is where the 'problem' is for everyone who has difficulty meeting, dating, establishing relationships with the opposite sex (or same sex....)

And you have never approached a woman to ask her out? If there is someone you like - don't be afraid to ask her out. Even if she says no, YOU should feel better about yourself for stepping outside your personal comfort zone showing more confidence than you might actually be feeling.

Someone else had a thread about feeling too short and its understandable because the perception is that the man might not be able to take care of his date or protect her. Most women like to feel protected AT TIMES and most men want to feel they can be the protector AT TIMES. In your case, a very tall and fit man may be perceived as somewhat dangerous. Especially a shy-quiet man.