Has anyone here every used a life coach to help you change, revamp & empower yourself?

What have your experiences been like, good or bad?

Forever Silent

I am my own life coach. When I am down, I kick myself back up. I also eat healthy foods and excercise so I always have a constant flow of those feel-good neuro-chemicals flowing through my body.

Forever Learning

I've never had one but I know they are popular right now because they are everywhere. I guess anyone can be one, no certification necessary? That would explain the surplus of them out there. I couldn't afford one at the moment, but a while back I thought about getting one.

But what happened was, I came here, made friends, and now I have a bunch of life coaches for free! I am dead serious, by the way. I have a list of smart people here that I admire. I send them questions periodically and have made friends. It is unbelievable how much everyone has helped me, given the best, most forthright advice they can muster, and shared their life experiences with me.

It is so cool. I just love it here! Once you get PM status, you will be rockin and rollin girlfriend. There are so many smart folks around here. And I haven't even begun to drop them all a PM yet, there's so many to choose from, each with their own area of 'specialty'!! It's my classroom and my playground all at the same time! (Complete with the schoolyard bullies too! But they don't get my lunchmoney this time around. I kill them with kindness and they slink away. LOL) Cheers :)

Edited by Forever Learning
  • Like 1
  • Author
I've never had one but I know they are popular right now because they are everywhere. I guess anyone can be one, no certification necessary? That would explain the surplus of them out there. I couldn't afford one at the moment, but a while back I thought about getting one.

But what happened was, I came here, made friends, and now I have a bunch of life coaches for free! I am dead serious, by the way. I have a list of smart people here that I admire. I send them questions periodically and have made friends. It is unbelievable how much everyone has helped me, given the best, most forthright advice they can muster, and shared their life experiences with me.

It is so cool. I just love it here! Once you get PM status, you will be rockin and rollin girlfriend. There are so many smart folks around here. And I haven't even begun to drop them all a PM yet, there's so many to choose from, each with their own area of 'specialty'!! It's my classroom and my playground all at the same time! (Complete with the schoolyard bullies too! But they don't get my lunchmoney this time around. I kill them with kindness and they slink away. LOL) Cheers :)

How do I receive PM status?

I wonder if people would even want to be & remain friends since, I've said enough already?

You have such a positive outlook, it's cool. Cheers.

Forever Learning

I haven't read up on that lately, but my wild guess is you have to be here 30 days and make 50 posts to be able to get Private Messages.

If you feel too embarassed about what you've said about your life, you should pic a new name and a new avatar, and start over, using a different email address.

I don't know if that's allowed, but I know people have done it many times, for that very reason (embarassment of what they told about themselves).

On the other hand, you are not a special case in what you've revealed about yourself. Hang around long enough, or read back on what folks have written in the past, and you will see that most people are not perfect, and have come here with really embarassing and/or messed up personal situations. That's life. There will be those who are ugly to you. But by and large, most folks are kind and helpful. This occurs even more so, as you begin to give advice to others here and there too, rather than just only asking for advice. It's a give and take dynamic.

So how you proceed here is up to you. New name, new avatar, 'new identity' - or continue as is. You're call on that one. Cheers love! :)