How to have self-esteem

Well I realized today that I'm very insecure and because of that I may have chosen some people. People I thought they made me feel abit of security but turns out they're much worse in all aspects.

They're too much picky and they think "you" should be perfect although they're not even alittle close to that themselves.

Other than that maybe I do have a strange taste in men...

(although there aren't any good ones around me but that doesn't mean I should choose the bad ones.)

I don't know how it started maybe after my BU..?

I don't see myself worthy of a relationship with someone great.

Its mostly about my weight. Anyway I've lost weight and I'm trying to lose more. I am in a healthy weight according to BMI but still I feel veryyy self-conscious.

Any suggestions?

The Tallest One

Hi!, first off you deserve and will find a good healthy meaningful relationship. You have to be patient and dont ever settle, ever! Been there, done that and it's not good for your self esteem or happiness.

Was dumped three weeks ago by a women who was "confused" and didn't know if she wanted to be with me or not. This was a rollercoaster relationship which left me a real mess afterwards and sometimes during.

We all have body issues but your working on you and that's great, but do it for you and noone else. Also do things you will be proud to accomplish, this goes a long way in improving your self esteem and self love.

Cheers!:)

• Author
Hi!, first off you deserve and will find a good healthy meaningful relationship. You have to be patient and dont ever settle, ever! Been there, done that and it's not good for your self esteem or happiness.

Was dumped three weeks ago by a women who was "confused" and didn't know if she wanted to be with me or not. This was a rollercoaster relationship which left me a real mess afterwards and sometimes during.

We all have body issues but your working on you and that's great, but do it for you and noone else. Also do things you will be proud to accomplish, this goes a long way in improving your self esteem and self love.

Cheers!:)

Yes exactly. I was hurt alot during my "relationship" with him. Although we never dated. Something like he doesn't want any relationship but kind of If he could have, it would be with me.

But hurt me really bad during all these times and finally it's like he's a teenager and he says things like bad people are good, you're good so I don't like you! (????!!) (which I have no idea how an adult can change like this, saying these words? I put so much thought on it, trying to figure out what all these mean, but no . I couldn't find any explanation.)

Also my ex kind of started to have signs of depression and he started to push me away and broke up with me, out of no where. After a year he isn't with anyone else.

I don't know why there isn't a healthy man around me.

I'm tired of all these people which I have put so much energy for and still nothing.

Any suggestions?

After 53 on this rock, I can reflect and opine that self-esteem comes from esteeming one's self. This is an internal process of positive feeling and thinking about one's personal place in the universe irrespective of all other places. It doesn't require people; it doesn't require things; heck, you can be naked if you want. It's a pure and elemental belief in self.

For myself, the process began at a young age, mainly as a result of my parents freeing me to pursue what I felt meaningful in life beyond my ordinary and customary responsibilities of being a child in a family. This freedom to explore began the process of self-validation which exists to this day. Nothing is impossible. Nothing is beyond grasp. Everything is a choice. Yeah, today might suck but that's today. Tomorrow is another day. Only so many of them left before the rotting flesh hits the dirt or furnace. Make the most of them.

• Author

For myself, the process began at a young age, mainly as a result of my parents freeing me to pursue what I felt meaningful in life beyond my ordinary and customary responsibilities of being a child in a family.

Well I definitely envy that part. My mom has always been so protective of me, doesn't want me to explore things much. Well I haven't listened to her much. But still it bothers me.

That's why I like living abroad which for many big reasons seem a hard one.

I always liked your replies carhill.

And you have a style of writing which sometimes I find confusing, well because English isn't my first language.

But you are the only one I sometimes find very challenging to understand, lol.