dmmm, how are you? Let us know?

Hi Dmmm,

I was reading some posts you had in this forum. How are you dear? I tried to send you a PM but I could not.

Hi CopingGal

I did want to PM you this but I think because I am not an established member I don’t have that privilege on LS yet.

Thanks for taking the time to ask about me on the forum, really means a lot.

Just want apologise first for the delay in messaging you, I’ve been visiting my family in Spain so only just got chance to get online.

I’m doing OK. I’m trying hard to follow your advice of “But you have to start liking yourself first. So what if no one calls you to do things with? Screw them. Screw them all. You have you. I know it feels bad. Believe me I know. But still, you have to get in this state of mind...so what? Screw them!” I do feel I’m taking baby steps to getting this mindset :)

I’ve not made any steps yet towards volunteering or joining classes etc. I keep meaning to do it but just lack the conviction to actually take the step of calling/emailing and then following it through.

How are things with you? How was your day today?

I think it’s really great of you btw to post so much advice to so many people on this board. I look at a lot of posts and so many times I see your “Hope” avatar, really uplifting to see someone caring so much about people :)

• Author

Thanks. I'm so glad you are okay. I was worried about you.

Yesterday was the anniversary of me leaving my sociopathic bf. My roommate took me out to lunch to celebrate.

I've been feeling somewhat sad, but I'm okay. I've been focusing on my humanitarian work. I'm going to be teaching conversational English to adults who live in Haiti via Skype. It's a volunteer job I got via the website VolunteerMatch.org

I'm looking forward to it.

I have a list of things I am grateful for in my life. I add something that I am grateful for- one thing at at time, every day, or every few days. It helps me.

I don't know if I will ever get over all the teasing the bullying I've had to endure and I'm sure more will come. But I'm going to try to keep appreciating myself and honoring myself.

Anyway, how was Spain?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi CopingGal

How is the Skype volunteering going? That sounds a really great thing to do.

What have you added to your list this week? I've kinda been making a similar list in my head lately. Tried to turn things around, e.g. having friends/social life etc I've framed it as having loads of free time to do just what I want:)

Hopefully soon I'll get PM privileges so will be able to message you direct.