Want to wear heels but have low selfesteem

Hey guys

I have a bday coming and I have a great dress to wear and wants to wear heels like very high heels but I have self esteem issues.im 5'11 and never wear them cause of my height.can tall girls wear heels?what do guys think about tall girls in heels?

january2011

Yes, tall girls can wear heels. Anyone can wear heels unless there's a physical impediment that makes it impossible to do so. As you've pointed out, in your case, it's your self-esteem that holds you back.

I suggest wearing your heels before the birthday so that you get used to them and get used to moving about in them. Start off by wearing them indoors, on carpet. Then try wearing them out and about on short trips. With practice will come confidence.

You are tall for a woman, so you will already stand out. Trying to minimise yourself and your presence so that you don't stand out, only makes you stand out even more. So enjoy your height and work that dress and those heels.

Hello,

I am tall and I sometimes wear heels, I think nothing bad about tall girls in heels....I have never had problem with this and I think legs look nice in heels so yes you should try them :).

Wear what you want to wear, and don't worry about what other people think about it.

You wanna rock some heels? Do it! Wear them and walk proudly in them.

• Like 1

I'm 5'10 and wear heels once in a while, there's nothing wrong with that. Make sure you wear them around the house until you are so used to them that you can run in them....nothing more confident than a woman that wears heels and really WEARS THEM.

I may be only 5'8 but I am already the same height as the average male and I wear heels all the time and tend to be around 6'0 on average. You have to realize that people don't care as much as we think they do. I still fuss when wearing heels because I sometime think I look like a giant but a sexy giant at that :). Don't think about it too much... Start with wedges and work your way up.

ThaWholigan

Put them heels on and work it gurl :D

:lmao: jokes aside, it shouldn't really matter. Once you start to wear them more, you will feel more confident in them. And besides, tall girls in heels are attractive to tall guys like me ;).

• Author

Thanks you guys you really made me feel better about heels...im actually practicing right now lol.ive battled with self esteem issues for ears and recently lost 80 pounds so im ready to strut my stuff lol.

Two of my best friends are 5'10 and 5'11. The 10 girl usually wears 6 inch when we go out dancing, the 11 generally wears 4 to 5 inch. Yes they stand out in a crowd, yes they are way taller than me, yes they rock it and don't care about the attention. No reason for you to be any different.

Hey guys

I have a bday coming and I have a great dress to wear and wants to wear heels like very high heels but I have self esteem issues.im 5'11 and never wear them cause of my height.can tall girls wear heels?what do guys think about tall girls in heels?

I used to see Nicole Kidman (actress) at her husband's concerts and always thought she looked very elegant wearing heals; she's the same height as yourself. My exW had a couple female friends who are 5'10" and also routinely wore heels to social occasions. I know one them personally could stop a room when she entered it. IMO, it's about how you feel.

First off, if you've literally 'never worn heels' and want to go straight to wearing 'very high heels', you're going to face waaaaay more challenges than your height. ;) I tried going from nil to 4-inch stilettos, and even with a couple weeks of constant practice, that experiment was a complete and utter failure. :laugh: So, you should consider 'not very high heels' for that reason alone. You want to be comfortable and able to enjoy yourself on your birthday, and a sprained ankle is not very fun.

Secondly, once you get used to them and if you find you enjoy wearing them, I think you absolutely should. It'll be a good way to work on your self esteem - pushing you out of your comfort zone.

SincereOnlineGuy
Hey guys

Tall girls should wear their heels and GO FOR IT!!

(If only 'patient' could receive private messages, I'd have gone into greater detail!)

• Like 1
Tall girls should wear their heels and GO FOR IT!!

(If only 'patient' could receive private messages, I'd have gone into greater detail!)

I want to know what ever detail that is truthfully. lol

Edited by SmileFace
  • Like 1

I have the same concern but I am only 5'7" though everyone always thinks I'm 5'*' or 5'9"... I live in a city that is no good for heels though and that is filled with women that are tiny little asians so I no longer wear them.

But- if you enjoy it, why not?

Plenty of models are tall and they strut their stuff down the runway or pose in magazines and people lust after them... so I'm sure the same could be said about you.

Besides- heels are sexy no matter what!

I'm over 5 ft 9. I was teased once where I wore high heels, but those people teased me any way. As for everyone else, no one said a thing and I looked good in them.

I haven't worn heels in years. I live in a chit town with no good stores, but one day I will wear them again.

Kassie DePaova, Blair on One Life to Live, not on GH always wears HIGH heels and that woman is friggin tall as it is. They always put her in stillettos. Here she is

The Official Website of Kassie DePaiva

Nic is a chick

I know I'm late but as a lover of tall women and everything beautiful...rock those damn heels. Own your height! I absolutely love tall women and when they wear heels...yeah makes life that much better.

miss_jaclynrae

5'10" over here and I freaking LOVE rocking my heels. I don't care if I tower over everyone, I feel HOT in my heels.

The key is to own that ****. ;)

Eternal Sunshine

5'8" and I love wearing heels.

If I am dating a short-ish guy though, I generally won't wear them because I don't want him to feel weird...