Owning my life by owning my life choices

Hey everyone. I'm 28, turning 29 in late July. I had two goals before hitting 30 in July 2013:

1. Get a full time job

2. Get skinny/fit

Well, for the first time ever in my life, I landed a full time career job two weeks ago :) Now I'm focusing on doing well at the job (can't be satisfied with just getting it but living up to the investment they made in me when they hired me). The 2nd part I began the journey today. I'm using a program called "DDP YOGA" and today was my first day. Did an hour workout doing the Diamond Dozen and Energy workout. It was great! Low impact, but high intensity. Means my heart races without my knees and joints crying uncle. Stretching key muscles using "dynamic resistance" is the secret to burning fat.

I also ran 3 miles today after the DDP YOGA workout.

I feel good about my chances to become skinny before I hit 30. It's a good goal to aim for, and I also have to change my diet. No more fast food, at least, only once in a blue moon, but no longer can I afford to eat it a couple times a week.

Basically, if you're willing to put in the hard disciplined work, make some key sacrifices and persist, you will get where you want to be. But first, you must make the decision to OWN YOUR LIFE.

Today, I'm owning my life.

• Like 1

What?! You mean I can't blame Society or My Parents or My Ex(es) for all of my problems? What kind of a sick person are you?!

• Like 1

Congrats. You can definitely get in shape by 30. You're right that you need to keep the diet in check. I worked out for years while still having a pretty poor diet and yes I had muscle and structure underneath but the fat never went away.

Good job making better choices. I am trying to kick myself in the butt and get back on track as well.

• Author

Thanks y'all!

I've done DDPYOGA 3 straight days now, and feel really good. I love this workout program/lifestyle. The amazing thing is, since I started it, I have lost my cravings for pizza and burgers... my biggest weaknesses for a long time. I am now eating healthy, notice I said EATING HEALTHY, not TRYING to eat healthy. As Yoda once eloquently put it, there is no try, only do. It's all about making the right choice, regardless of how you feel. Right choices lead to positive momentum being built. What you start today leads into tomorrow, so don't wait until tomorrow to start living right!

DDP (former WCW wrestler Diamond Dallas Page) is also a great motivational speaker. He tells us to OWN OUR LIVES and OWN OUR BODIES. He is right. We are in COMPLETE control of our bodies, and what we put in it and how we work out (or don't). I have never felt this confident about my body and where I know it will be 6 months from this as I continue to live this HEALTHY CHOICE/OWN MY LIFE lifestyle.

Goodbye pizza, burgers and soda. Hello healthy diet and DDPYOGA everyday!

"BANG!" *does the Diamond Cutter symbol*

PS- Here's the DDPYOGA testimony video that changed MY life, and can CHANGE YOURS AS WELL. If Arthur, a disabled veteran, can transform his life like that, WHAT CAN YOU DO??