bad to work out at night?

ihateslowjams

so the only time i can't work out at the gym is at night time, 11:30 pm. I normally am there until 1 am. is it bad to work out that late? i normally don't have to wake up until 9 am. I also rest for about 1 hr before i sleep at 2 am.

pink_sugar

No it's not bad to work out that late, it all depends on your internal clock. However, I have read that it's best to workout about 2-3 hours before you go to bed, I forget where I heard this or the exact reasoning, but this is to get your heart rate to settle down before you just jump in bed. I usually work out around 10:30 or 11pm and go to bed around 1 or 2.

To be honest, for the average person, it's not going to make a lick of difference when you work out. For example, I am always tired, sluggish, and weak in the mornings, so I have never been able to get a good workout early...so I always work out at night. For others, they like the energy boost they receive from working out first thing in the morning.

It all depends on when you can fit it into your schedule and when you like to work out.

pink_sugar
To be honest, for the average person, it's not going to make a lick of difference when you work out. For example, I am always tired, sluggish, and weak in the mornings, so I have never been able to get a good workout early...so I always work out at night. For others, they like the energy boost they receive from working out first thing in the morning.

It all depends on when you can fit it into your schedule and when you like to work out.

Same here, I'd feel a lot more energized by sleeping until 11am instead of running at 7am.