The Power of Now - E. Tolle

Hi

I’ve just started reading this book, so far read the first 3 chapters.

From what I can make of it, the idea is to not think of anything other than what is necessary. The rest of the time you are supposed to just think of what is happening right now.

Don’t want to tempt fate but so far my tentative steps to doing this do make me feel better. Whenever a memory of past events, or a thought of problems, worries, the girl I’ve spent years obsessing over come into my mind I try to replace them with thinking about what I’m doing at that exact moment. Like I said, It’s only been a couple of hours since I read the first 3 chapters so I’m no expert on it.

Anyone have any thoughts on the book? Am I following the methods discussed right?

• Like 1
TaraMaiden

Good book.

I've read it too.

Powerful stuff, if you're open to it and ready for it....

You're doing ok.

Gosh, my friend back in college recommended this book to me and I distinctly remember reading it 10 years ago. I remember the book asked me to drink water and this time, taste every molecule dripping down my throat. It was a neat little exercise I guess.

It's been so long I can't remember much of the book, but it def. has some good things in it.

It helped me somewhat. It's kind of a beginner's crash course on being present. There is a bit more to presence and the author's tone is a bit more "New Age" than my tastes, but the ideas are all very sound (and very old ideas frankly!). It is very hard to be present, as simple an idea as presence sounds, but gets easier with practice.

whichwayisup

Love this book and the more you read, the better you will feel.

My suggestion, only read one or two chapters a day and re-read those chapters. I found it quite overwhelming to dive ahead.. My mind needed to react and think/feel.

IT's weird, the good energy you get from reading that book. I'd recommend it to anybody!