Why do a lot of people hate ugly people?

Why do you think that is? And don't deny it. And don't mention that word bitter, if people didn't hate them then maybe they wouldn't be bitter in the first place.

Don't make excuses to defend cruelty against humans because if this were cruelty against animals it would be a big NO NO

People hate all types of people. I see plenty of "ugly" people doing just fine. Generally, more attractive people get better treatment, but that doesn't mean ugly people are always hated. Some people don't like talking to ugly people for whatever reason; many people simply don't care if the person is ugly.

Anyway, you need to stop throwing so many pity parties. It does nothing to help you change your perception--only enable you to continuously think the same way, and keep you right where you are in that bottomless pit. Chill, dude.

Edited by Cracker Jack

I agree with CJ....people don't automatically hate "ugly people." In fact, I know of a lot of people of average or less looks that others like/love a lot.

Yes, there are mean people in the world, who will make fun of others for sport. But they are in the extreme minority, and usually, they are pretty unhappy themselves.

What you might be confusing with "hate" is discomfort. There are those who might think themselves ugly, and for that reason, they act in negative ways. They might lack confidence because of what they perceive as shortcomings in their appearance and distance themselves from others, or they might try to overcompensate by being way too aggressive in social situations or getting angry at everything in their life. Or their self-esteem may be so low, that they put themselves down in front of others. Any of these situations will make people uncomfortable and respond poorly to them.

However, if a person is self-confident, friendly, positive, and generally well-adjusted, others respond well to them and they generally meet people, have friends, and live good lives, regardless of their looks.

• Author
Yes, there are mean people in the world, who will make fun of others for sport. But they are in the extreme minority

Extreme minority my ass!!

That's all I'm going to say. I'll stop with the 'pity'. Ever notice people always mention 'pity' when the subject's about people hating ugly people? But that's all I'm going to say.

Just to be clear, in what way are you terming "ugly"? From a physical stance or from a personality stance? Neither are permanant in this day and age....

Extreme minority my ass!!

That's all I'm going to say. I'll stop with the 'pity'. Ever notice people always mention 'pity' when the subject's about people hating ugly people? But that's all I'm going to say.

I agree with Tayla that you're being a bit vague on what you classify as "ugly" and what you've seen that makes you think that "a lot of people hate ugly people." That seems like a generalization that does not hold up in the real world.

In the world of adults (children and teenagers are a bit different--I will admit that the "mean quotient" is higher among kids), I stand by the statement that truly mean people are in the extreme minority. I have met arrogant people, self-absorbed people, overly critical people, and people I just didn't generally want to hang around with, certainly. But were they mean? No. I can't think of a single person that I've met in, say, the past fifteen years who was mean, and definitely no one who hated anyone because of their appearance. As CJ said, people hate each other for many reasons--appearance is the least of them.

But perhaps you're defining "mean" or "hate" differently than I am. I'm using the words to refer to people who make others feel bad for their own enjoyment. You might be using the words to refer to people who might not want to hang out with someone or talk to someone, just because they don't like them for whatever reason. That's not "mean" though--that's just personal preference.

Just as an example, the tone of your post is a bit unpleasant--that's not a criticism, just an observation. If you were to speak to me in person in that same tone, I'd probably not want to engage with you any longer, because it's my personal preference not to be around that kind of negativity, regardless of how you look. Does that make me mean or hateful?

You also could be using the word "mean" to refer to people who do note it when others stand out as different. I'll admit it--if I see someone in some wack-a-doo outfit on the street, and I'm with a friend, I'll probably say something snarky, and I shouldn't. And if I see someone with a really unusual physicially characteristic--a really large nose or big ears or some other feature, I'll mentally note it, and think, "Wow, look at that." But I definitely don't hate them at all.

And if it's a disfigurement, I will feel a bit sorry for them. From a distance, that's all I can do. If I were to get to know them, I would probably feel differently.

Maybe I shouldn't note it when people look different, but I do. But I expect others do the same to me because of my freckles or weird hair (although I definitely don't classify myself as ugly, I'd say I'm "unique-looking.")

We're human and we all react to people differently. We notice when someone has something unusual about them. But when someone is warm and friendly, it doesn't matter what they look like. Most people will respond in kind.

Edited by Belle Vie
What's more, life is tough. Your continual posts of how the world is rough are getting tiresome.

What?

You are reminding me of someone else who used to be on this forum a while ago, who also made nonsensical comments. I'm going to assume either a) you're him using a different name and only slightly different tactics or b) you're not him but have similar objectives.

Either way, not worth it. I'm done here.

Its even worse for people like me who are fat and ugly. People treat us like we have the plague. I wish people like me could be euthanized.

If it helps, I hate physically attractive people. The more a guy/girl is conventionally attractive, the less trusting I am and the less I want to be anywhere near them.

I'll take an "average" looking guy with a great personality over a "hot" guy with a great personality every time.

• Author

@Cracker Jack You're wrong with your assessment there, buddy. What you describe happens to overweight people. But 'most' people continue to dislike unattractive people even right up into adulthood.

People dislike (not hate) disfigurement and asymmetry. The origins of this dislike are probably to do with these being signs of ill-health and up until the past 500 years (pre-modern), ill-health was close to a death sentence. People neither want to catch it or have to divvy up their resources to pay for it.

That said, plenty of physically ugly people have overcome prejudice and disadvantage. Stephen Hawking had a devoted wife and dumped her for his nurse. So it's not just pretty people discriminating. Ugly people do too. You may, of course, be exceptional. In which case, go and find a girl who is uglier than you and make her the happiest girl in the world.

Why do you think that is? And don't deny it. And don't mention that word bitter, if people didn't hate them then maybe they wouldn't be bitter in the first place.

Don't make excuses to defend cruelty against humans because if this were cruelty against animals it would be a big NO NO

I think 'hate' is a strong word... It's a big no, no either way. As for ugliness, does it involve physical flaws or personal? If it's physical then I really have no idea, because according to a few opinions I had a massive crush on an "ugly mo'fo".
  • Author
The guy clearly wants to wallow in self-pity, let him. :laugh:

It's not self-pity ya weird retarded prick. And quit sitting on forums all day ya weird cunt. It's reality, most people hate ugly people no matter how ****ing good your personality is. The only thing that helps ease the hate (or dislike or whatever) is fame, and even that is still an illusion, meaning they love your social status more than they love the actual you.

The guy clearly wants to wallow in self-pity, let him. :laugh:

Did you used to get bullied by any chance?

Edited by Ross MwcFan
It's not self-pity ya weird retarded prick. And quit sitting on forums all day ya weird cunt. It's reality, most people hate ugly people no matter how ****ing good your personality is. The only thing that helps ease the hate (or dislike or whatever) is fame, and even that is still an illusion, meaning they love your social status more than they love the actual you.

So? This is as it is. how does, or should, posting continually on a forum change that? You cannot control how people think or how they value?

Even if one person in the whole world hated you it wouldn't matter because it's so insignificant.
SincereOnlineGuy
Why do a lot of people hate ugly people?

This is absurd.

So few in society are in any way 'invested' in so-called "ugly" people, that "a lot of people" simply CAN NOT "hate ugly people".

Even Tyra Banks in a fat suit can assure you that she was merely "ignored" by most of society during her ridiculous experiment. Society just doesn't have/take time to "hate" people it would rather ignore.

Where do you even begin to get the sense that "a lot of people HATE ugly people" ???

I mean, I can sometimes see SOME "hating the homeless"... (if it is their doorways in which they sleep and pee)...

but what would cause you to care enough one way or another to "hate" ugly people???

• Author

but what would cause you to care enough one way or another to "hate" ugly people???

Because, unlike you, I don't sit on forums with mammoth post counts because I actually go out on some occasions?

Where do you get this ludicrous idea that most people get along dandy with ugly people? You can't be ugly yourself so I suggest getting educated, sit down and watch a documentary or two

SincereOnlineGuy

Dan, you obviously don't have a clue...

What would cause anyone to care enough about "ugly people" to reach "hatred" for them?

And it is clear to read by anybody literate in English that I never made mention of anybody getting along dandy with ugly people.

Do you understand English, little dan boy???

Nobody cares about ugly people - they are IGNORED by society. Thus they are at home, watching documentaries, and getting educated. Nobody "hates" them. At least the rest of them are educated, dan boy, and it sounds as if that would be an improvement for the likes of you. .

Not only that, but your post count of more than 5 per day entirely dwarfs my post count of less than 1 per day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

@SincereOnlineGuy

Ugly people are not hated? What? lol What? lol This aint just ignoring, there's hate in there as well. If nobody hated ugly people, why would they ignore them then, you retard

It's insane, you can't talk to anyone on the Net either when your ugly

Edited by danmorisson

"Why do a lot of people hate ugly people?"

I don't know about 'a lot', but perhaps those who do (hate ugly people) see them as a mirror into their own souls. Hate says more about the hater than the object of that hate, IMO.

AHardDaysNight
Why do you (,i.e. the OP) obsess over this so?

When you're bullied when younger, it's really hard to get over. I know this from experience.