LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

Why do a lot of people hate ugly people?

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th November 2011, 12:36 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstanton View Post
The guy clearly wants to wallow in self-pity, let him.
Did you used to get bullied by any chance?

Last edited by Ross MwcFan; 20th November 2011 at 12:44 PM..
Ross MwcFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2011, 1:39 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmorisson View Post
It's not self-pity ya weird retarded prick. And quit sitting on forums all day ya weird cunt. It's reality, most people hate ugly people no matter how ****ing good your personality is. The only thing that helps ease the hate (or dislike or whatever) is fame, and even that is still an illusion, meaning they love your social status more than they love the actual you.
So? This is as it is. how does, or should, posting continually on a forum change that? You cannot control how people think or how they value?
danstanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2011, 6:42 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
It's not self-pity ya weird retarded prick. And quit sitting on forums all day ya weird cunt. It's reality, most people hate ugly people no matter how ****ing good your personality is. The only thing that helps ease the hate (or dislike or whatever) is fame, and even that is still an illusion, meaning they love your social status more than they love the actual you.
Even if one person in the whole world hated you it wouldn't matter because it's so insignificant.
Old 20th November 2011, 9:46 PM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Why do a lot of people hate ugly people?

This is absurd.

So few in society are in any way 'invested' in so-called "ugly" people, that "a lot of people" simply CAN NOT "hate ugly people".

Even Tyra Banks in a fat suit can assure you that she was merely "ignored" by most of society during her ridiculous experiment. Society just doesn't have/take time to "hate" people it would rather ignore.

Where do you even begin to get the sense that "a lot of people HATE ugly people" ???

I mean, I can sometimes see SOME "hating the homeless"... (if it is their doorways in which they sleep and pee)...

but what would cause you to care enough one way or another to "hate" ugly people???
SincereOnlineGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 2:19 AM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SincereOnlineGuy[/quote

but what would cause you to care enough one way or another to "hate" ugly people???
Because, unlike you, I don't sit on forums with mammoth post counts because I actually go out on some occasions?

Where do you get this ludicrous idea that most people get along dandy with ugly people? You can't be ugly yourself so I suggest getting educated, sit down and watch a documentary or two
danmorisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 6:51 PM   #21
Established Member

Dan, you obviously don't have a clue...

What would cause anyone to care enough about "ugly people" to reach "hatred" for them?

And it is clear to read by anybody literate in English that I never made mention of anybody getting along dandy with ugly people.

Do you understand English, little dan boy???

Nobody cares about ugly people - they are IGNORED by society. Thus they are at home, watching documentaries, and getting educated. Nobody "hates" them. At least the rest of them are educated, dan boy, and it sounds as if that would be an improvement for the likes of you. .

Not only that, but your post count of more than 5 per day entirely dwarfs my post count of less than 1 per day.
SincereOnlineGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 8:30 PM   #22
Established Member

@SincereOnlineGuy

Ugly people are not hated? What? lol What? lol This aint just ignoring, there's hate in there as well. If nobody hated ugly people, why would they ignore them then, you retard

It's insane, you can't talk to anyone on the Net either when your ugly

Last edited by danmorisson; 29th November 2011 at 8:32 PM..
danmorisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 8:56 PM   #23

Journal Entries: 1
No one will hate you universally.
AHardDaysNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 9:03 PM   #24
Established Member

Journal Entries: 39
"Why do a lot of people hate ugly people?"

I don't know about 'a lot', but perhaps those who do (hate ugly people) see them as a mirror into their own souls. Hate says more about the hater than the object of that hate, IMO.
carhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2011, 10:37 AM   #25

Journal Entries: 1
Quote:
Why do you (,i.e. the OP) obsess over this so?
When you're bullied when younger, it's really hard to get over. I know this from experience.
AHardDaysNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 12:40 AM   #26
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHardDaysNight View Post
When you're bullied when younger, it's really hard to get over. I know this from experience.
I've seen enough TV shows over the years where the ugly duckings face their tormentors, who are now fat and ugly themselves, while the ugly ducklings have lost weight, worked out, got plastic surgery and a total makeover. Interestingly, most of the bullies don't even remember the person from years ago and often they apologize.
Old 8th December 2011, 4:05 PM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
if people get bullied, who cares? life is never easy.

The OP needs to take relaxation techniques, probably even social skills training and open-mindedness.

Nobody, it doesn't matter who one is, never experiences hostility. It is in our nature to be unkind or cruel when needs arise. that said, simply remove yourself from the places where the people you dislike congregate. Don't go to bars, clubs, etc. since it is often people of the socialable/pop culture mindset who visit such areas. It is this mindset, and a large degree of human nature perhaps, which causes persons to act this way to you.
Empathy has never been your strong point has it?
Ross MwcFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 1:06 AM   #28
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHardDaysNight View Post
I was bullied when I was a kid. And it was physical abuse w/ name calling. But do I blame others for what the bullys did to me? No. All it takes is one time to stand up to a bully & they'll leave you alone.

Kids bully because they need outlet from an abusive home life or because of a mental disorder. What's an adults excuse? Besides mental disorder?
KR10N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 2:14 AM   #29
Established Member

I do have a sound, logical explanation to the OP's question, but I am too tired and I really want to rest up to recuperate.
LZ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 11:08 AM   #30
Established Member

Quote:
I think that's a politically correct pretext, and society should move away from that rationale. People, both children and adults, bully because they can, or because they're possessing cruel temperaments. Not all humans are nice, and cruelty is a major facet of our nature.
Yes, it seems to be that way. And some take it to extreme levels: victims becoming the bullies in school shootings. I'm just glad I was stable enough as a child, knew right from wrong & I was bullied at an early age, 3 y.o.a until I was apprx. 7-9. Never bullied, never did anything I regret.
KR10N is offline   Reply With Quote