Welcome to the man cave. Getting a bit tired of the chest hair counters and the bossy feminists over in Dating? If you'd sooner go chop some wood than moan about how cold it is, welcome. Pull up a chair, throw a log on the fire, and join the conversation...

• Author

Guinness, real ale, Irish coffee, milk, and sparkling spring water. What's your poison?

Actually, aren't there lotsa microbreweries in California?

Edited by betterdeal
Guinness and real ale.

Actually, aren't there lotsa microbreweries in California? Memo to self: go to California.

Memo to bd: come immediately.

There are many microbreweries and many whiner-ees.

Hence a much needed injection of some manly imports.

• Author
Memo to bd: come immediately.

Alright, but this is not going to become a habit, k?

There are many microbreweries and many whiner-ees.

Hence a much needed injection of some manly imports.

I have an on-off relationship with real ales. Good in summer and winter, but just don't do it for me in spring or autumn. Not sure why.

Feelin Frisky

I just had a nice cold 20 oz bottle of Zero carb cherry Pepsi. It was very refreshing. I just did a few things to tidy up the interior of my car and install a clock since my new car stereo doesn't have a display and it was brutally hot working in there. Then, a change of shirt, the cherry Pepsi and a text from someone very very sweet and I'm good to go.

My favourite beer is a German brew called 'Spaten', had it a few times and it was nectar for the gods.

Anyone got other recommendations?

• Author
Living there but back in Ireland at the moment.

Which bit? Apart from the Guinness, I loved the fish n chips by the coast. Those British Queens spuds are great.

• Author
I just had a nice cold 20 oz bottle of Zero carb cherry Pepsi. It was very refreshing. I just did a few things to tidy up the interior of my car and install a clock since my new car stereo doesn't have a display and it was brutally hot working in there. Then, a change of shirt, the cherry Pepsi and a text from someone very very sweet and I'm good to go.

Sounds good. Am debating getting a car again. It'll be a case of bangernomics and hopefully can get something without a brain in it so I can actually fix the thing myself.

Which bit? Apart from the Guinness, I loved the fish n chips by the coast. Those British Queens spuds are great.

I'm a Dub.

Salt and vinegar on that?

• Author

Gah. Wedding this weekend and the theme is the 1920s but no gangster outfits. I'll wear my interview sut, which is unusual for me, so it is, in a way, fancy, if not a dress. I do slightly begrudge having to fork out cash to dress up for a bit part in someone else's rom-com.

• Author
I'm a Dub.

Salt and vinegar on that?

Drenched, of course. My mother is from Limivady. The only person I know who can serve up potatoes cooked 4 different ways on the same plate with a straight face.

Drenched, of course. My mother is from Limivady. The only person I know who can serve up potatoes cooked 4 different ways on the same plate with a straight face.

:laugh:

If she heard you calling it 'Limivady' you might get a slap in the a*se.

So what about the beer recommendation guys?

Do you like a 4.3% you can drink all day or a 5% that gets you ****faced quicker?

Word up! I seriously wish there was a "Man Cave" subforum here that was dedicated to hosting all testosterone laced subjects.

All whiny and/or misogynistic/misandrist posts would be immediately ostracized in the extreme.

The party would be open to all guys/gals who appreciate good meat, good beer, mountains, vikings, boats, fast vehicles, heavy equipment, hurling heavy objects, fine scotch/cigars, conquering, beards, hard work, sweaty animalistic screwing, etc.

So what about the beer recommendation guys?

Do you like a 4.3% you can drink all day or a 5% that gets you ****faced quicker?

Lighter microbrews for the win: high ABV, great taste, doesn't fill you up too fast.

Just another day at our man cave. I think I was drinking gin and tonics that day. They had that 'eastern' beer ;)

(yes, that's real life and my inane giggling on the video)

• Author
If she heard you calling it 'Limivady' you might get a slap in the a*se.

Nah, but my granny would skelp my hide so she would.

At the risk of sounding serious, I was reading an interesting article on a web site which I won't link to because it asks for donations so the whole thread will be deleted (again), but it was quite interesting, nonetheless. Written by Dr Tara J. Palmatier, PsyD and entitled, "Men Have Emotions, But Women Don’t Listen" (I have no idea, but maybe Google can help you find it).

She gives an interesting and concise version of recent history and a conclusion that rings bells for me:

In this confluence of events, men tried to become the sensitive guy modern women claimed to want, but did they? In reality, most women don’t want men who cry when they watch “Beaches.” In fact, most women don’t want to be with men who would willingly watch Beaches or a Lifetime network movie.

They don’t want men to be unfeeling robots, but want them to be men–strong and reliable, yet capable of tenderness. The result? American men, once stalwart bull mastiffs, turned into angry confused Pekingese drowning in a sea of mixed signals unleashed by women.

I sympathize with men. As a group, they were put into a no-win situation by women who didn’t understand their changing roles or what they wanted.

Accept and embrace the differences. Why swim upstream? It’s a lot easier to appreciate and desire men in all their glories and faults, then to try to make them become “like us.” It makes relationships easier. It makes life easier. It makes it easier to forgive and to love.

She's right, IME. I'm not very good at beating my chest one minute, then crying my eyes, then off to do some shopping the next. The feelings are all there. It's just the way I express them is, well, more subtle in the facial / verbal ways and more pronounced in the things I do.

Anyway, I liked it.

Spaten is good yes! Other good ones I enjoy from time to time are:

Boddington's

Saporo

Shock top

hefeweizen

Modelo Especial

Bud lights;)

The man cave needs more men I think!... lol this makes me think of a time when I convinced my sister (nearly impossible to do!) and a group of girlfriends to go to a club called The Cave. No one had heard of (I had gotten a flyer for $2 shots all night) and we all got sexied up only to discover once we got there that The Cave was full of men yes, but it was a gay bar:laugh: We still enjoyed ourselves and the shots were awesome. Actually come to think of it that night was a lot a lot of fun!

Here's a question for the man cave, are male strippers considered manly amongst the manly men? Something about girating your ding dong in a woman's face for a few dollars kinda takes the manliness a couple of notches down for me.