Anyone here have Controlling parents even as an Adult?

Well i live with my parents and i'm 31 and they control me. Right now i'm working on things at therapy and I may soon move out.But i have to do it in secret cause that's the only way i would be able to do it. I'm kind of afraid of this, how would i do it without them noticing. They even snoop and go in my room even if i say not to go in.

If i moved, Father would start a family feud or try to kill me or kil himself or mother. Or get all angry and make my mother feel aweful.

Is there no other way around this? Just move out secretly? I mean he would say anything i do is stupid so there's not much i can do to fix that.

Hey,

That sounds like a really rough situation you are in. Maybe you should try and encourage your family to attend group therapy, if as you say, your father feels so strongly about you moving out that he would harm himself or others. I think this goes beyond control issues really. Are they financially dependent on you? Or is it an emotional attachment?

Whatever the case, as I'm sure your counsellor has told you, you need to look after your own needs here. You should not be forced to stay anywhere due to emotional blackmail but if you really believe your father would harm himself or anyone else it's best to discuss this with your counsellor too.

I'm sorry I don't relate to this topic specifically so can only offer general advice. Wishing you a lot of luck:)

• Author

well as i said. They're old . That's one thing.

Two, they don't speak english and they've been depending on me to translate all their business and stuff(Even though i fail often cause i'm not a good speaker but they force me)