why can't I have normal knowledge of life?

GorillaTheater

Beats me. Maybe it would help if you were a little clearer on what you mean by "normal knowledge of life". Do you mean in the context of relationships or something more general?

GorillaTheater
normal common sense and wisdom, that everybody else has.

Typically these are gleaned from living life and learning the lessons offered. Can you give an example of when you felt you didn't have common sense or wisdom?

And if it makes you feel any better, "everybody else" most assuredly do not have either common sense or wisdom. I'm thinking a bare majority, tops.

• Author
jean-luc sisko
Typically these are gleaned from living life and learning the lessons offered. Can you give an example of when you felt you didn't have common sense or wisdom?

And if it makes you feel any better, "everybody else" most assuredly do not have either common sense or wisdom. I'm thinking a bare majority, tops.

I don't believe that. it's my right to have it also.

skydiveaddict
normal common sense and wisdom, that everybody else has.

Seems to me like you already have those things. What makes you think you dont?

• Author
jean-luc sisko
Seems to me like you already have those things. What makes you think you dont?

there is no reason why i can't have the normal general/social knowledge.

Very hard to understand what you mean and so it is going to be equally as difficult, if not impossible, to provide you with any meaningful advice or information.

• Author
jean-luc sisko
Very hard to understand what you mean and so it is going to be equally as difficult, if not impossible, to provide you with any meaningful advice or information.

the general/common wisdom and perception.

skydiveaddict

Like I said before, it seems to me you already have those things. What makes you think you don't?

skydiveaddict
i don't believe that.

Well then I don't know what else to say to you other than good luck, I hope you find what you're searching for, 'cause I have no idea what you're talking about.

I think he's giving you an example

General common sense... hmm. Well, I think it's parents, family, those who raised you early on.

We learn by observance. Most unfortunately don't observe anything too meaningful at home so they get it all from TV and pop culture.

This is the funniest thread I have come across so far. Sorry.. I know it can be nasty to laugh when you just do not know what a person is on about....

• Author
jean-luc sisko
Well then I don't know what else to say to you other than good luck, I hope you find what you're searching for, 'cause I have no idea what you're talking about.

Well, everybody else has it by default. so why not me?

Well, everybody else has it by default. so why not me?

Are you on a mission to create The Most Surreal Thread on LS? Seriously, OP, it's a bit difficult to understand where you're going with this. Maybe you could clarify with a few more words?

• Author
jean-luc sisko

I want the same wisdom and common sense that everybody else by default. This is the common knowledge and sayings of life.

ok, i agree. you do not have the common knowledge required to post specific examples and understand that these are required to make any deductive conclusions about your plight.

good luck, man. i wish you practical experience beyond abstraction.

Truthseeker-John
and please, no posts about how this is nonsense. why can't i have normal knowledge?
What do you think is normal knowledge? The meaning of life (and of everything that exists) is positive communication. If you do that, you will be OK. :) Edited by Truthseeker-John
simplified
This is the funniest thread I have come across so far. Sorry.. I know it can be nasty to laugh when you just do not know what a person is on about....

Just take a look at other threads jean-luc has started--he has a thing for seeing how long he can keep people talking, while he dodges their questions. (quite masterfully, I must say) :)

Truthseeker-John
Jean-luc, we are all much the same yet at the same time are different. Don't try to measure up to others, just be yourself. You are OK, OK? Edited by Truthseeker-John
Truthseeker-John
Just take a look at other threads jean-luc has started--he has a thing for seeing how long he can keep people talking, while he dodges their questions. (quite masterfully, I must say) :)
Well, I have only recently joined Loveshack and from his comments on this thread he seems kinda lost and worries too much about measuring up to other peoples' standards and perceptions. Edited by Truthseeker-John