Pubic Bone Showing Through Clothing - Taboo?

txsilkysmoothe

I do NOT think my pubic bone is abnormal or larger than average.

I bought a new skirt. It's alittle tight in the hips. I haven't worn it in public yet. I feel self conscious because my pubic bone seems so prominent when I look at myself in the mirror. I really like this skirt and its about two inches too big in the waist so a larger size is not the solution. I suppose my pubic bone shows through other clothes but to a much lesser extent. It's just the cut of this skirt. I've been trying to think about other women I've observed. I don't really notice this part of the body on other women but might if it's obvious.

I can't decide if a pubic bone showing through clothing is normal and not as noticeable as I think?

Or if noticeable, not a big deal?

Is it viewed in a sexual context?

Does it look nasty, vulgar?

Would you refrain from wearing a skirt like this?

Do men ogle this part of a woman's body?

Is it really a bone? (haha)

Thanks for your input.

I wasn't sure where to post this question.

curiousnycgirl

I am trying to envision what you are describing and am having trouble doing so. I assume you have a tiny waist and feminine hips - probably a great hourglass figure.

However if a skirt is either so tight across the hips, or cut so that your pubic bone is prominent - I'm sorry it doesn't sound like it is the skirt should be worn in public (at least not by you).

Of course that all depends on what message you are trying to send.

SpanksTheMonkey
I do NOT think my pubic bone is abnormal or larger than average.

I bought a new skirt. It's alittle tight in the hips. I haven't worn it in public yet. I feel self conscious because my pubic bone seems so prominent when I look at myself in the mirror. I really like this skirt and its about two inches too big in the waist so a larger size is not the solution. I suppose my pubic bone shows through other clothes but to a much lesser extent. It's just the cut of this skirt. I've been trying to think about other women I've observed. I don't really notice this part of the body on other women but might if it's obvious.

I can't decide if a pubic bone showing through clothing is normal and not as noticeable as I think?

Or if noticeable, not a big deal?

Is it viewed in a sexual context?

Does it look nasty, vulgar?

Would you refrain from wearing a skirt like this?

Do men ogle this part of a woman's body?

Is it really a bone? (haha)

Thanks for your input.

I wasn't sure where to post this question.

My 1st thought here is thats an awfully odd bone to have showing at all? are you at a healthey weight? no offence ment ive just never herd of the pubic bone being visible on a person :confused:

• Author
txsilkysmoothe
However if a skirt is either so tight across the hips, or cut so that your pubic bone is prominent - I'm sorry it doesn't sound like it is the skirt should be worn in public (at least not by you).

Of course that all depends on what message you are trying to send.

Yeah, that's why I haven't done it - I worry that it looks too sexual - wrong message.

My 1st thought here is thats an awfully odd bone to have showing at all? are you at a healthey weight? no offence ment ive just never herd of the pubic bone being visible on a person :confused:

Yes, I am at a healthy weight. For me, form fitting skirts or dresses are when its likely to be an issue.

I'm not getting it, either.

What do you mean your pubic bone shows in clothing? I don't think I've ever seen this!

Hip bones, yes, but not the pubic bone. I would have to imagine you have an absolutely concave tummy for this to happen, which seems unlikely.

Obviously, you are self conscious about it. Now imagine yourself wearing that skirt and you catch some guy looking - THERE. You'd hate it, most likely. I'd probably opt to NOT wear the skirt, although I've seen some gals running about with MAJOR camel toe going on in their jeans. :laugh:

• Author
txsilkysmoothe
I'm not getting it, either.

What do you mean your pubic bone shows in clothing? I don't think I've ever seen this!

Hip bones, yes, but not the pubic bone. I would have to imagine you have an absolutely concave tummy for this to happen, which seems unlikely.

Since nobody understands, now I'm thinking maybe I am abnormal or at least in the minority of women. :confused::confused::confused:

• Author
txsilkysmoothe
Obviously, you are self conscious about it. Now imagine yourself wearing that skirt and you catch some guy looking - THERE. You'd hate it, most likely. I'd probably opt to NOT wear the skirt, although I've seen some gals running about with MAJOR camel toe going on in their jeans. :laugh:

I agree! I guess I can have the skirt altered - taken-out alittle in the hips and taken-in in the waist.

Camel toes are so gross and look painful. :laugh:

threebyfate

The easiest way for us to understand is for you to link a picture from the waist down. I'm having a problem envisioning this. :confused:

• Author
txsilkysmoothe
The easiest way for us to understand is for you to link a picture from the waist down. I'm having a problem envisioning this. :confused:

Well now, with the realization that I may not be normal, I feel uncomfortable. I'll post a pic this evening unless I lose the courage to do so.

I really don't think I'm abnormal. It seems someone would have pointed it out. I'm 45 years old - had countless ob/gyn visits, given birth twice. I've had a few lovers and no one has ever said, "what's that?" :laugh:

I did find a website - a support group for women with large pubic bones. :eek:

curiousnycgirl
Well now, with the realization that I may not be normal, I feel uncomfortable. I'll post a pic this evening unless I lose the courage to do so.

I really don't think I'm abnormal. It seems someone would have pointed it out. I'm 45 years old - had countless ob/gyn visits, given birth twice. I've had a few lovers and no one has ever said, "what's that?" :laugh:

I did find a website - a support group for women with large pubic bones. :eek:

OMG please tell me you are joking with that last line!

Of course you are not abnormal. I'm sure it's the cut of the skirt with your build. To tell the truth I am fairly certain the skirt is too tight across the hips. I would suggest buying the next size up and having the waist taken in. Sounds like you'll have to do that anyway. Or you could just return the darn thing and buy one designed for your curves.

SilentVoice

I am really trying to imagine how this looks. Do you mean your print is showing or something?

Hon - do you mean your pubic MOUND?

I think that might be what you're getting at, right?

If so, I fully get it. Some women's protrudes more in certain clothing - like spandex or a swimsuit.

If that's the issue, then yes, I wouldn't recommend wearing something in pubic, er PUBLIC ;), that shows it off.

And I don't think you're freakish - lol. We all have anatomical differences. :)

• Author
txsilkysmoothe
Hon - do you mean your pubic MOUND?

I think that might be what you're getting at, right?

If so, I fully get it. Some women's protrudes more in certain clothing - like spandex or a swimsuit.

If that's the issue, then yes, I wouldn't recommend wearing something in pubic, er PUBLIC ;), that shows it off.

And I don't think you're freakish - lol. We all have anatomical differences. :)

Yes Jilly Bean -

I've always known it as "pubic bone."

threebyfate

I'd go up one size, then have it tailored down. There's too much pull across the widest part of your hips which is what's causing the "smile" effect when you're standing.

• Author
txsilkysmoothe
I'd go up one size, then have it tailored down. There's too much pull across the widest part of your hips which is what's causing the "smile" effect when you're standing.

But I thought it was nice to smile! :laugh:

thank you

sweetjasmine

I agree with TBF.

Or you could also return it and look for a different cut that doesn't get so tight/narrow.

In any case, you're definitely not abnormal. You look great!

threebyfate
But I thought it was nice to smile! :laugh:

thank you

:laugh:

I agree with TBF.

Or you could also return it and look for a different cut that doesn't get so tight/narrow.

In any case, you're definitely not abnormal. You look great!

She can change the cut to a degree with the tailoring. I'd get the larger size, then leave a bit more room across the hips, then narrow it back in since the skirt probably has a slit in the back to handle walking. This way she can emphasize her curves, rather than trying to fit into a skirt that isn't cut for her curves.

Well, I don't know from tailoring but I swear to you as a male Silky, that you could show up in a burlap sack and every eye would bulge. You're hot, kid!

OK, saw the pic. :)

Yes, the issue is that you're buying skirts to fit your waist, which are then too tight in the hips, as you have a nice shapely heinie, and causing the mound to show.

If you like the straight cut skirts, then you'll have to buy them fit to your hips, not your waist, and get them tailored.

Otherwise, try a-line or pleats.

I would dump that skirt for sure, and buy something that shows you off nicely without looking cheap. :)