Emotionally Distant

Kentucky Jelly

My STBX says I am very funny, very kind but Emotionally Distant. My guess is being emotionally distant is a bad thing but how the heck does one go about changing something like that? Is it even possible when you are in your 40s? Now that I am thinking of it, I am not even sure what that means? Emotionally distant. Does that mean I have to start crying and acting like a woman? Any thoughts on this?

It means you need to connect at an emotional level...

...sometime we think we're stronger than her, but there are times when we need to look to her for strength and guidance too. But the most important thing, is about mutual respect!

It's not only about kind words, you need the action to back it up too...and with that, can trust be earned. Sometimes we also forget about the small details and they can make the biggest difference e.g. how often do you tell her...on a normal day, how beautiful or awesome she is etc...? These tiny details can make a difference to people's lives.

So express good things, pay attention to detail and be a little sensitive sometimes. It doesn't mean going to extreme measures and acting like a woman!

Dude, it's balancing act. (balance is the key).

Women have some basic emotional needs to be met. Check out posts here on women's emotional needs to get to know what kind of emotional needs normal women and men have.

Emotional connection is when you meet her emotional needs and you also have your own emotional needs met by her.

She wants you to be open about your emotional stuff because she expects you to have it. In other words, you are expected to share your meaningful/deep thoughts and feelings. Women have a lot of this stuff and they expect men to have it as well, but my guess is that some men do not have that stuff.