I'm a big daydreamer & concern alot about everything

Hi Everyone!

Its not the first time I ask for your guys' help and I got alot of ideas from you guys which I'm really appreciated it, and today I have to ask for you guys' help again.

To give a little back ground about me: I'm 23 yrs-old gal and right now work as a secretaary. Before I went to business school for 2yrs. but lost the interest and drop off. During the all the time I went to school I have never been interested in school but did it well if I just give it a try.

I'm a big daydreamer & concern alot about everything...think & imagine alot about the future and it had (still have) waste alot of my time by thinking/imagine about "stupid" things. i have tried to analyzed it so many times and deeply i don't know why I'm doing those things.

Right now I feel so bad about myself, since that I feel like I'm so behind w/ my knowledge but I honestly must admit that I can not control my "stupid" thinking/imagine things going on my mind which take the concentration from all my study. I'm really trying to study to improve my week side from schooling (english is my second language).

Are there any treatment for that bad/unhealthy habit of mine. Plz, let me know you guys' opinion or maybe if there are any websites about my problem then plz let me know.

I'll appreciated a lot!

You describe yourself as suffering from incessant (non-stop) worrying about nothing much in particular. This is the key to generalized anxiety disorder. Yes, there is medication that is highly effective in small doses and non-addictive.

Because your worrisome thoughts are so intrusive and repetitive, you could also be suffering from obsessive-compulsive disorder. OCD goes hand-in-hand with anxiety.

My guess is that you also suffer from some forms of low level depression. Do you wake up frequently throughout the night? Abosolutely nothing you can do about it? Do you feel lousy in the morning and throughout the day, just wishing you could go home and go to bed? BUT THEN in the evenings do you start feeling better? Feeling a little perked up?

I would hate to pretend that this is a diagnosis. It is NOT. You must speak to a physician -- preferably a psychiatrist in order to get the right diagnosis and meds (if necessary). Statistically speaking, your general practioner has little clue as to the best treatments currently available for depression and anxiety.

These disorders are not the cause of a bad upbringing, or anything that is wrong with someone's character. They are just a form of chemical imbalance that your body is going through. It may require a few months to straighten out and get you off the cycle of worrying, worrying, worrying.

Oh, and if you do go on the meds, do NOT stop taking them on your own without discussing with your doctor -- There is a window of time when it will make you feel worse if you stop the meds rather than staying the course -- i.e., you will be committed to taking them for a while.

Go to google.com. and search these terms or go directly to the websites of the American Psychological Association, or the American Psychaitric Association. Many of your questions will be answered. Stay away from any hokey, flaky treatments that are not included in these sites. There are many crazy therapies out there.

You have done the right thing by asking for advice and help.

Good luck.

Hi,

Thank you so much for your help which has really make alot of things clear for me and I will definitely go to the websites, you have suggested me.

Again...thanks and I'm really appreciated it!

HI,

I have been searching around in the websites but couldn't really find any websites where I can quest the psychologist about my problem (as carly said that I might have anxiet or OCD)...as more I read about it as more confuse I get. I really want to know about it my problem.

So what I have in my mind right now, is that I want to ask my ex-date about it, since that he is a psychologist (even though we don't date any more but still friends). The reason why I ask you guys' opinion, is that he is kinda try to make it up again w/ us.

I just want to ask him about the anxiet & OCD, and about losing the concerntration.

I really want solve my problem (I have problem to concerntrate when i study).

Do you guys think its ok? I'm just afraid that he think I'm using him, since that lately he has tried to make it up again w/ us (what will he think about me then?) .

Plz, let me know...thank you.

purecountry

I think you should talk to him. When its something as important as your health and wellbeing it should be one of your highest priorities. I had some of the problems you were describing and it was because I had depression and a little medicine and now I am fine.

No, it would be absolutely unethical and perhaps illegal for your ex to give you any professional advise as a psychologist. If he is registered as a psychologist he could actually get fined or spend prison time for practising on someone with whom he has more than a professional relationship. This is a serious professional boundary issue, and I hope to God that he would never violate it.

It is important for you to seek professional advise, but you must keep it away from anyone with whom you have been romantically invloved with for this advice.

There are many good reasons for this rule. You are vulnerable and he is in a position of having great power over your emotions. As well, he will know that you are especialy vulnerable due to your continued interest in him (come on, if you weren't still interested in him, you wouldn't want to go see him on the pretext of talking about your problems). Then there is the issue of paying for his servcies, which gets very sticky, yadda, yadda, yadda.

If he agrees to seeing you professionally, the guy is an absolute louse. If I found out about such a transactoin where I lived, I would report him to his licencing body and let the chips fall where they may.