I need to use Monistat 7 but dont know if I should cause Im having that time of month.Should I just wait untill the end of week? Im not sure what I should do.

I have trouble putting the cream in cause it stings like crazy but works good.

Patty

Just A Girl2

First of all, are you absolutely POSITIVE that what you have is a yeast infection? Have you had one before that's been diagnosed by a doctor so that you're positive the symptoms you're having are the same/a yeast infection? If so, as for using the Monistat while on your period, some of the worst yeast infections I've gotten were at the time of my period....I think those yeasty buggers like the moisture down there and can grow a lot better during that time of the month. I've used that stuff while having my period, just make sure you're NOT using tampons but instead, a good maxi pad (one that has "wings" is a good idea becuz it provides better protection to your panties).

I believe there are different types of Monistat......there's the "1 day" treatment, the "3 day" and the "7 day" which I'm assuming is what you're using. Personally, I prefer the 3 day one. I know some women like the 1 day one because you only have to use it once but I personally found the 3-day one to work the best. I would never use the 7 day one because that's 7 days of messing around with it, when I can get it dealt with in 3 days.

Does the type you bought come with the external cream as well? (a little tube of the stuff that you can apply to the entrance of the vagina/outer area)......I have found that when I had a really bad yeast infection, it sure could get very raw there and sometimes it would sting a little when I'd put the cream on it...but the stinging didn't last, that it was mostly just from the skin down there being so raw.

Is the stuff you have a cream that's put into the "applicator" or is it one of those ovules or tablets that you insert up inside there with the applicator?

If yours comes with the little tube of external cream, to be more soothing and maybe less stinging, go and put it in the fridge for an hour...........(just the little tube itself)....the coolness of it once you apply it will feel more soothing.

Also try having a nice warm bath (with no bath bubbles or perfumed gels/soaps) for a good 20-30 minutes......the warmth will help to ease your discomfort down there, THEN use the Monistat.....and do this daily. Very important to keep really clean down there, particularly when you have your period.

JAG2

• Author
First of all, are you absolutely POSITIVE that what you have is a yeast infection? Have you had one before that's been diagnosed by a doctor so that you're positive the symptoms you're having are the same/a yeast infection? If so, as for using the Monistat while on your period, some of the worst yeast infections I've gotten were at the time of my period....I think those yeasty buggers like the moisture down there and can grow a lot better during that time of the month. I've used that stuff while having my period, just make sure you're NOT using tampons but instead, a good maxi pad (one that has "wings" is a good idea becuz it provides better protection to your panties).

Yes,Ive had one before thats been diagnosed by a doctor.Ive had several of them.

Does the type you bought come with the external cream as well? (a little tube of the stuff that you can apply to the entrance of the vagina/outer area)......I have found that when I had a really bad yeast infection, it sure could get very raw there and sometimes it would sting a little when I'd put the cream on it...but the stinging didn't last, that it was mostly just from the skin down there being so raw.

Yes it comes with a little external tube of itching cream.

Is the stuff you have a cream that's put into the "applicator" or is it one of those ovules or tablets that you insert up inside there with the applicator?

Its a disposable applicator.It already comes with the cream in it so you dont have to measure it which is good, cause you know you have the right amount.

If yours comes with the little tube of external cream, to be more soothing and maybe less stinging, go and put it in the fridge for an hour...........(just the little tube itself)....the coolness of it once you apply it will feel more soothing.

I'll try that.

Also try having a nice warm bath (with no bath bubbles or perfumed gels/soaps) for a good 20-30 minutes......the warmth will help to ease your discomfort down there, THEN use the Monistat.....and do this daily. Very important to keep really clean down there, particularly when you have your period.

Ok,I will try that.

Thanks for your advice and ideas!

Patty