I'm sure you've all read that visualizing success & positive situations is a good method to build self-esteem (or so they say!) as well as raises your chances for the success. They usually give the example of visualizing a perfect hit in tennis or golf.

Anyway, visualization is great for other things, also. I found that when I really want something, imagining it come true IN DETAIL is great help of deciding whether I actually want it or not! Try it! heheh - I did, and I was surprised.

Perhaps this is common sense, but it's new to me =)

-yes

Visualization is a great tool and actually one method of meditation. Everything you see created on this planet was first visualized in somebody's mind. And, yes, if you visualize success ahead of time it usually will appear.

One of my failures in visualization, however, has been the one where I see myself making love to Salma Hayek...but, then again, I guess I have to first start with visualizing that somebody emails me her home phone number.

• Author

I doubt you'd enjoy making love to her unless you had feelings for her. So it'd make sense to start visualizing dating her. But before that, you need her number. So before her number, you need to meet her face-to-face. In order to do that, you have to travel to the place where she lives.

I'm sure you could find a way to meet her, if you set your mind on it =)

-yes

Well, my visualization's broken. I visualize a great guy with a bunch of good points. I get them, but the good points come alongside a truckload of really bad ones :( I think I'm an utter failure at this visualization stuff. If I weren't, I'd have won one of these dang lotteries by now.

• Author

it's not broken, it's realistic! any good stuff comes with bad stuff - that's la vida ... I think visualizing the good AND bad stuff is exactly what lets you determine, to an extent, if the good stuff is worth it.

-yes