I've been diagnosed as bipolar for almost a year now (sure i've been so for very long now) ..I'm starting to become very depressed lately and I don't know what to do, medicine is not helping, anybody have any advice? anybody else bipolar? if so, I or II ?

You really need to be getting in touch with your doctor/psychiatrist...ASAP. Perhaps your medication dose needs to be increased (do NOT do this on your own!!!!!!!), maybe you need a different med altogether. Maybe you have issues in your life that need to be discussed with a professional (psychotherapy). Bottom line is, nobody here (even someone who's bipolar) can give you the help you need. You need to get into your doctor immediately and discuss your increasing depression/feelings/symptoms with him/her. He is the only one trained to help you here.

my sister has been bipolar since she was 12 and since i was 8 so i know how it is... sometimes you just get in a rut but you need to just try to hang it out... my sister doesnt eve need the medicatiopn any more but thats because she found someone... thats all you need to do is find someone you can connect with...not just in a relationship meaning, not a girlfriend or boyfriend but someone that can just be there for you when you need them...

someone who makes you feel good about yourself and that makes you be proud of yourself.... someone that you truly love may it be a friend boyfriend/girlfriend parent or someone you know from some where else...

dont take my advice all the time though... you should consult a therapist about this, if you have your own doctor which you should being diagnost with this you should have a phsycologist or doctor that you can talk to regularly about this sort of thing and he/she should be able to tell you the best solution.

OPIE :bunny:

I have a friend who is Bi Polar, and he drives me insane sometimes. I love him to death, but sometimes I just can't take his mood swings, and his extreme depression. I think he's on his med's, but I really don't know how to handle him sometimes. Maybe if you could help explain to us what you feel....

• 3 months later...

Hi. I just read your post about being bipolar and feeling depressed. I'm bipolar also and there are a couple of times over the years when I've had what they call breakthrough depression and my doctor put me on antidepressants in addition to the mood stabilizer (Depakote) that I'm taking. You should definitely talk to your doctor about it. And DON'T listen to the person who said their sister was bipolar and didn't need to be on meds anymore because she "found someone." That's BULL! If you're bipolar it's a disorder you live with the rest of your life and the biggest mistake you can make is going off your medications when you're feeling better. It will catch up with you sooner or later. Read a book on the subject if you don't believe me.

Good Luck!

~Cindy~

p.s. There's a book called "Bipolar Puzzle Solution" that's very good.

You absolutely should speak to your treatment professionals with respect to your conditon but if you also want to find out more and find resources for support, try searching for bipolar or 'bipolar support' on the internet. Here is one good URL for starters:

http://www.mhsanctuary.com/bipolar/

• 1 month later...
Recklessrick

Do u mind telling ur age? reason I ask is my wife was dx'd a yr and a half ago as bipolar 1 and she was 42 at the time. Looking back over our 27 yr marriage we can now see her cycles of mania. She also has been bipolar for a long time, she had to hit the black hole of depession b4 she went for help. She is still trying to find the right medication, as u know there's no blood test that can b done, it's all trial and error. U should seek ur dr so he can maybe tweek ur medication, there's alot of info on the net and some good books at barnes and noble and the liberary. I've read alot of books on bipolar, and learned alot, if u can concertrate enough to read up on it, it may help u understand what ur going through, hope this helps. Rick

An excellent link was provided two posts up. I went to it and found the exact page that describes the disease. Click on the following link----> http://www.mhsanctuary.com/bipolar/biart.htm

Bipolar mood disorder can be debilitating but can be controlled with the right medication regimen.

I hope the original poster has gotten better....this thread is over four months old.