LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

Why am I so sensitive ?

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Old 6th April 2009, 6:19 PM   #1
Established Member

Unhappy Why am I so sensitive ?

I need help getting over social sensitivity. For example if someone called me name for offended me in some sort of wa I don't know how to react in a funny. Why is that important ? Well it makes everybody feel that your not totally uptight. Sure I have to seriously stick up for myself once in a while, but not always.
phillipreed678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 6:20 PM   #2
Established Member

just bumping the thread
Old 6th April 2009, 6:22 PM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipreed678 View Post
just bumping the thread
That seems like bad manners after 1 minute.
wuggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 6:27 PM   #4
Established Member

Bad manners ? ugh......um I sorry for my lack of social graces here. Is bumping a thread right after posting it rude ? Sorry, I didn't know
Old 6th April 2009, 6:29 PM   #5
Established Member

Yes, I think it is, Etiquette means you should give it a few hours at least. Good manners cost nothing. There are other people out there who need advice too.
wuggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 6:37 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
just bumping the thread
You seem to do that on all your threads- that doesn't make people want to respond... it comes across as annoying and selfish.

There are people on this site with problems a whole lot bigger than wanting to know what semen tastes like, masturbating to cartoons, stalking on facebook and being sensitive about getting teased.

Next time, instead of thinking only about yourself and bumping your thread 30 seconds after posting it- why don't you read other peoples posts and see if you can contribute to someone else in need.
Old 6th April 2009, 6:43 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Lish View Post
You seem to do that on all your threads- that doesn't make people want to respond... it comes across as annoying and selfish.

There are people on this site with problems a whole lot bigger than wanting to know what semen tastes like, masturbating to cartoons, stalking on facebook and being sensitive about getting teased.

Next time, instead of thinking only about yourself and bumping your thread 30 seconds after posting it- why don't you read other peoples posts and see if you can contribute to someone else in need.
I agree. Focus on somebody other than yourself. I'd suggest volunteer work. Among many possibilities, elementary schools are practically begging for men to read to children, which I find very worthwhile.

Just don't mention the cartoon thing during the background check.
GorillaTheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 7:36 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
I need help getting over social sensitivity. For example if someone called me name for offended me in some sort of wa I don't know how to react in a funny. Why is that important ? Well it makes everybody feel that your not totally uptight. Sure I have to seriously stick up for myself once in a while, but not always.
call them a name back, at least it works for me.

i often do it in a calm voice, and with a smile on my face and it sends them wild. more often than not, it's because they aren't expecting it, but i don't care. i don't know them, since they are getting all irate and worked up and uncomfortable.
nana yaw II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 10:56 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Lish View Post

You are, at the core, only be being a jerk. I said I was sorry.