Life Changing decision...

Every morning I wake up with this feeling that Im missing out. That I should be doing something else with my life. There's no where else to move up to with my job, and frankly with the economic situation I don't know if I could get another job.

My desires are to leave the country and move somewhere else. What I've been looking into is the Peace Corps. I've wanted to do something like that for a long time but never had the guts to pursue it. Now I'm getting older and I feel I don't have much time to waste.

Im at a point in my life where I have to make some serious life changing choices to feel like I'm fully living, doing what Im suppose to do.

This change is HUGE, it would mean leaving my life behind, my career, my plans for grad school, friends and family for the unknown.

I'm a little lost right now...I really don't know where I should go, but I know that I need to make some serious decisions now because time does not wait for me.

Should I stay with my current job, apply for grad school and just follow that secure path or should I take a risk and do something completely different that could potentially put me int the right direction and change me forever?

Help!

Why not go talk to a counsellor/therapist to help you make the decision? Whatever you do, make sure you are ready to do this. Don't quit your job until everything else is lined up and secure.

Do a list, pro's and con's, maybe that will help you with your choice. One thing, don't let fear rule over what your heart wants.

Every morning I wake up with this feeling that Im missing out. That I should be doing something else with my life. There's no where else to move up to with my job, and frankly with the economic situation I don't know if I could get another job.

My desires are to leave the country and move somewhere else. What I've been looking into is the Peace Corps. I've wanted to do something like that for a long time but never had the guts to pursue it. Now I'm getting older and I feel I don't have much time to waste.

Im at a point in my life where I have to make some serious life changing choices to feel like I'm fully living, doing what Im suppose to do.

This change is HUGE, it would mean leaving my life behind, my career, my plans for grad school, friends and family for the unknown.

I'm a little lost right now...I really don't know where I should go, but I know that I need to make some serious decisions now because time does not wait for me.

Should I stay with my current job, apply for grad school and just follow that secure path or should I take a risk and do something completely different that could potentially put me int the right direction and change me forever?

Help!

Good question Confused.

I've been at this crossroad a few times. My decisions usually follow the advice from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc. To brief, it's the CEO/Founder of Apple Inc. speaking at Stanford's commencement. Good Luck.

• Author

Thank you Explorer!!

Saw the video and it's truly an inspiration. I will do more research and find out my option, but one thing is for sure 2009 will be a very defining year for me.

Thank you again!!