What do you do to pull yourself together after being burned out from work? I feel burnt out and have lost my edge. While I'm there I feel like my mind wants to try but I'm too weak and tiered of everything to do anything. Its very exhausting and I feel like every little thing can set me off. I find myself walking out the building now and than to avoid things until I can pull myself together. Though, it doesn't help to walk out because I go back and fall into the same mode. This just came on the first of the week. I'm not sure if I'm burnt out or If I'm stressed out. I'm doing breathing exercises in front reps and co-workers. Everyone asks me if I'm okay and If they can help. I want to ask what makes them think I need their help and than I realize my eyes are as big a saucers and the expression on my face looks like I'm wired all wrong.

I find myself take more brakes than usual, talking to co-workers to find something to laugh about and take my mind off my work and release, ease and relax my tension.

I'm going to try and make myself relax this weekend in hopes that I will be back to my usual self next week.

Any advice on how to cope?

The best strategy is not to get burned out in the first place. We all have total control on how respond to external stimuli. We can make a conscious choice to feel upset, stressed, pressured or whatever...or we can decide to take each task, one at a time, and do our very best regardless of outcome or other external events.

If you find you are not able to control your response and work and continue to be stressed regardless of your efforts, you are obviously doing the wrong thing. I have been very blessed in my life. Everything I've ever done was something I thoroughly enjoyed and would have paid others to do rather than get paid for doing it. I have been extremely lucky that way. It's mostly women who have stressed me out! (lol)

Change your attitude, change the way you look at your work and respond to it, and your world will change to. Again, it's not how you handle "stress" but rather preventing stress through controlling your thoughts that is the key to your problem.

Could very well be you should look for another job. We only live once. It's best to do something during your working ours that you are passionate about. Find something you enjoy doing, that you have a burning desire to do, that you will be most happy with. Do that and you will be happy all your days.

"Chocolate Milk"

Yes, for some odd reason, if I need to study, but I feel more like sleeping chocolate milk works. NOTHING else will work, not coffee, not soda, nothing. Do not ask me why, or think this sounds weird, just try it. You have to be generous with the chocolate though :). My problem is, I don't always have chocolate milk in the house.

• Author

Your right about that one. It works great for morning hangovers. I remember asking my Mother why she drank cholocate milk on Sundays mornings only. Her reply was that it was the cure for her hangover. I have since followed her advice. I never considered it to be a stress reliever although I had herd it does. I'll have to buy a bag of Hershey kisses and a six pack of Yohoo Monday.

Thanks You guys. Im feeling much better today. I had a good nights sleep last night to recharge.

I remember feeling like I couldn't make it through another day of work because I hated my job. Do you like your job? If not, I urge you to look for something more fitting to your personality. Some ways I like to destress are going for walks and taking hot bubble baths. I also find "Yoga Zone" beginners video tapes to be relaxing.