why do i do this?

every now n then, a guy comes along, whom i sort of like - as in i like some stuff, dislike some other things about him.

then i fall into this:

as soon as i see signs of him liking me, i feel i dont like him

as soon as i see signs of him disliking me, i feel like i'd love to go out with him

what a silly grass-in-greener-on-the-other-side!

how do i make myself get out of this circle?

is it just cuz im young?

cuz i havent met a guy i'd RLLY like yet?

thanks,

yes

Take your mind off guys and think about who you are.

What do you want? Get to know yourself before you think aboout a guy. You may find yourself becoming more likely to pick and choose carefully.

why do i do this? every now n then, a guy comes along, whom i sort of like - as in i like some stuff, dislike some other things about him. then i fall into this: as soon as i see signs of him liking me, i feel i dont like him as soon as i see signs of him disliking me, i feel like i'd love to go out with him what a silly grass-in-greener-on-the-other-side!

how do i make myself get out of this circle?

is it just cuz im young? cuz i havent met a guy i'd RLLY like yet?

thanks, yes

that you're not old and jaded like me, LOL!!! Seriously, though, your postings are generally upbeat, which is why I was curious ...

• Author

you know what tony, i feel much better after your surprise at my description of what I do to guys i like (that long post below, that u found VERY INTERESTING)...

i guess none of them had any clue i was interested eh? And the guy whom i kept vaguely rejecting - no wonder he went off dating someone else... who wants to be w/ somebody who doesn't agree to date u when u talk to her, yet sees you on weekends, yet acts weird every time ... poof! poor guy. He asked so many times what's going on between us, and i kept brushing him off ...

recently, i accidentally (i meant it in a friendly way, but it came out as a bit more than that) told a guy i enjoyed being around him... well - he showed up with a really nice bday gift and a huge bunch of roses last night...! i wont lead him on cuz i dont like him, but ... things are starting to make sense. I suppose men need to get some kind of approving or welcoming sign in order to keep pursuing you, right?... who wants an ice-queen... i mean i wdnt want an ice-king...

sorry for ranting :)

-yes

There's a happy middle ground, I think. While guys don't want an ice queen, they also don't want a gal who goes for them so easily either. There's sort of an art to all this and you've got to get good at it.

But if you are mean or otherwise show no interest in a guy, unless he's a blooming idiot he will go elsewhere to find romance. You are right about that.

• Author

hey

remember how i said im mean to guys i like?

since u were interested, i thought i'd let u know about this:

a guy-friend of mine told me - half-jokingly but ne-way:

' i dunna what kinda guys date you, but you must be often mean to them! ' - and he said that's how i seem to him. he asked stuff like - ' so if some guy wants to walk u home, u let 'em?'

I think he said this sincerely -... so i suppose i seem scary n mean to guys! what joy, heh..

just an update,

-yes

It actually seems a bit of a shame...but it's reality. It's also illogical for one human being to be mean to another human being who is nice to you. That's why men cannot understand women.

And men never will know women! Were just so different from each other. Men, cant live with them, yet, their everywhere.

It actually seems a bit of a shame...but it's reality. It's also illogical for one human being to be mean to another human being who is nice to you. That's why men cannot understand women.