Still Jobless...

brothermartin

It's been about 5 months now, and I still don't have a job! Not that I'm not trying to get one, but I'm getting really sick of getting nothing and nowhere!

Is anyone else out in LS land going through this too?

O' Lord! What is I's gon do!??:lmao::mad::mad::(

• Author
brothermartin
I'm sorry. Are you willing to take a job which is below your education level?

Every job I've had has been below my educational level, so yes. TAKING the job isn't the problem, GETTING the job is my problem.

I Luv the Chariot OH
Every job I've had has been below my educational level, so yes. TAKING the job isn't the problem, GETTING the job is my problem.

If you're desperate, call centres/telemarketing will hire ANYBODY. You're just not guaranteed to get paid unless you complete training (which usually involves selling successfully within a designated time limit). If you get a local newspaper, check it for ads!

Unless you're desperate for work I say keep trying and don't take something you know you'll hate. While pursuing jobs take some time to freshen up your resume, cover letter and interviewing skills so that when a desirable job comes along you'll have a good shot at it.

Other than that all I can say is keep your head up. About a year ago I was jobless for a couple months after walking away from a vile situation and it was tough for me to deal with.

That's the problem with some jobs nowadays. When I was a freshman in college, I applied to places like art stores, gaming retailers, gap, etc. Unfortunately I had zero experience for the position I applied for. And I never heard from jobs I applied.

My friend's going through the same situation as you, right now he's trying to use his contacts to hook him up with a job with no luck.

Have you considered looking into a staffing/temp agency? Or perhaps a paying a internship where it can land you the experience you do need?

I just went through something similar. It took me six months to find something and I am not exaggerating when I say that I applied to 200+ jobs. I thought I was going to lose my mind because I had great references, an excellent gpa and I only had about 5 interviews after all those applications. I started applying to things that were beneath my educational level and some temp agencies and still had no luck. Until, finally, I found something. It's not the greatest job ever, but it fits my education and it pays (some) bills.

Don't give up. Keep applying and call them back if you have to. Something will turn up, I think it's a combination of the economy and the season (lots of recent grads), but you gotta keep plugging away. My husband is going through the same thing right now and I understand it's hard not to get depressed.

indeed . com is a great job search site. It's where I found my job.

nopainnogain

What do you want to do? What do you like to do? are you m/f? how old are you? are you in school?