Spinoff from another thread.

When you are at your worst and completely stressed out, what do you do to help rid the stress?

For me its either time, a nice long relaxing walk, or I pop in a good comedy show or movie.

I do like to go to the gym, but often when I am really stressed I find it hard to drag myself there. I never regret going once I get there though.

A bath and a glass of wine usually helps...

• Author
A movie usually helps too- but I have to go to the cinema, because there is not as much chance of distraction from the movie.

I guess its different for me because I don't live with my SO.

I guess its different for me because I don't live with my SO.

No, I didn't mean that, I meant that I find it hard to sit still and not let my mind wander unless I am in a darkened room and have paid to see the film.

If I watch them at home, I usually try to multitask, or have my laptop on at the same time, which isn't that stress-relieving.

• Author
No, I didn't mean that, I meant that I find it hard to sit still and not let my mind wander unless I am in a darkened room and have paid to see the film.

If I watch them at home, I usually try to multitask, or have my laptop on at the same time, which isn't that stress-relieving.

Gotcha and you make a good point. If there is a good one playing at the theater, I would go.

A good meal.. some time by myself..maybe do some woodworking in the woodshop..

I spend some time up in the mountains at the cabin on the weekends with my wife recharging my batteries to try and limit the stressed out times..

Preventative maintenance does work..

• Author
A good meal.. some time by myself..maybe do some woodworking in the woodshop..

I spend some time up in the mountains at the cabin on the weekends with my wife recharging my batteries to try and limit the stressed out times..

Preventative maintenance does work..

Just curious, did you get hit hard by that weather? I heard that your area got hit hard.

A wank!! :eek::laugh:

But also I do Reiki Healing, so I give myself a full treatment which I find totally relaxes me. In fact sometimes I fall asleep half way through I get so relaxed!! :)

sex.

If I'm stressed out when I wake up in the morning I'll rub one out just for the heck of it..

Just curious, did you get hit hard by that weather? I heard that your area got hit hard.

Not at all.. just wind and rain.. but no tornadoes..

Break out a beer, listen to some music, watch a movie, or stare outside the window..and just chill. Though nowadays nothing seems to work for work related stress.

• Author
Break out a beer, listen to some music, watch a movie, or stare outside the window..and just chill. Though nowadays nothing seems to work for work related stress.

A raise?:confused:

It depends... lots of things can take away stress.. :laugh:

shopping would be my no. 1...

nice bubblebath with candles and soft music

watching a good movie

reading and listening to music

and... of course...

sex ;)

• 2 weeks later...