Needing the female perspective (though male perspective welcome). what would you guys consider short height in men?

Btw I wasn't sure which section to put this in so feel free to move it around

bigheartkindsoul
I would say:

Short = < 5'7"

Average = 5'8" - 5'11"

Tall > 5'11"

BTW I'm a male

Sounds about right to me, I am F

• 2 weeks later...

I'd disagree. I think short is less than 5'5". I think it all depends on how tall the other person is. I have a friend who is 6' and she thinks anyone under 5'10" is tiny.

Depends where you are. I'm below average height in Australia but when I went overseas to any Asian country, I'm above average to tall. It does wonders for the ego, I have to say :p.

5'6 and male, btw.

Crestfallen_KH

I think it's relative. I'm tall for a woman (5'10") so I consider "tall" in a man to be 6' or over. Anything under that is too short for me, which when combined with men who are too young/old, married or homeless, really diminishes my own personal dating pool. ;)

My b/f is short he is 5.6 and I am 5.8 and I love him to peices I wouldn't trade him in for a taller man if they paid me.

he is the first guy I have dated shorter than me and I love it. to me he is larger than life!

there's more to a person than height.

I agree, but people first to see is more in the person physical apperance before a person personality.:D

people tend to fall inlove with the beauty {physical apperance} first then character, once they know well the person and they have in common they more develop of feelings.

btw.. i am attracted to a man who is big and tall {not fat}. i prefer 5'10'' to 6'5'' tall anything shorter or taller than than is too much to me and i like men who have solid and wide chest yumm yumm..:cool::p

{pardon me a lil bit out of topic}

thewholeshabangg

coming from an above average, very tall woman, i'd say 6'0 is short. i tend to wear plenty of heels and is well over 6'0 when doing so, so that is short for me. and i do prefer my men to be tall also.. 6'3-6'5 is perrrrfect.

..just another perspecetive :)

height is relative, dahling. i'm a munchkin at 5.1, so most people are taller than me. hope you're not getting a napoleon complex. there's more to a person than height.

But being a lady, you probably don't have any problem at all in terms of getting someone attracted to you.

Height is only a tiny part of the equation.

Most women wouldn't discount someone as tall or taller than them. If you are shorter, you can still convince them you're still attractive with your personality.

I'm 5'8 and I agree with this:

I would say:

Short = < 5'7"

Average = 5'8" - 5'11"

Tall > 5'11"

BTW I'm a male

I find men most attractive in the "average".

Short is a guy shorter than me. I'm 5'6, but I'd say that even if I were 6'.

I don't mind dating a guy who's a little shorter than me, but not by a lot. And I can't date guys who are short AND skinny. I not a huge fan of skinny in general, but short and skinny would makes me feel huge. I just don't get turned on by guys who feel small in my arms. I want to hold onto someone who feels solid.

I tend to think <5'9' is kinda short. but nonetheless, have happily dated shorter than that b/c its really no where near an important factor.

Citizen Erased
I tend to think <5'9' is kinda short. but nonetheless, have happily dated shorter than that b/c its really no where near an important factor.

I find anything above 5'9' too tall. Because I am very short myself :p

About five inches taller than me is my ideal. I'm 5 ft 5, so 5 ft 10 or above is very, very nice. But it wouldn't be a big problem if he were shorter. I have dated someone as short as 5'6, but he was muscular. I think if he is shorter a better body build can compensate for that. And if it can't be muscle then short and slightly stocky is better than short and too thin.

But being a lady, you probably don't have any problem at all in terms of getting someone attracted to you.

nope, and i think it's funny (in a cute way) when all kinds of guys stare @ me while i'm at the gym. then again, i am the kind of person that looks for more than mere physical appearance. true, this is the initial factor of attraction and checking someone out for a second glance, but then i'm quick to observe how someone's behavior is indicative of their personality.

I don't have a definitive height that I consider short...but...I'm guilty as charged for preferring men 6'+. :o

Height is simply a mind over matter thing. If you don't mind, it don't matter. I've had women my height (5'10") call me short. I just laugh. If you see someone for their height and judge them merely based on outward appearances, you've got issues.

I've seen short men with tall women, tall men with short women and everything in between. But what I have learned is if your height doesn't bother you, it won't bother anyone else.

burning 4 revenge

I dated a woman who was my height (5'8) for a while and she constantly made snide comments about my height.

She said she missed being with a man as tall as her husband (6'2), that being with someone taller made her feel more feminine. On the upside she did say I had a bigger penis (and Im no bigger than average I dont think), so I can't figure out if it just seemed bigger being attatched to a smaller man, or if he had a really small penis. Perhaps this is too much info, but I had to brag somewhere.

My advice to short guys in areas with a lot of Latin women is to date them since most don't have a hang up being with guys under 5'10. Having said that Ive never dated a Latin woman, because I generally don't mesh with them culturally (even though Im half Latin myself)

So I guess this is just an excuse to brag and nothing else

Needing the female perspective (though male perspective welcome). what would you guys consider short height in men?

Btw I wasn't sure which section to put this in so feel free to move it around

Hmm...I'm 5 2 so I'd say obviously shorter then myself but I'll go with around 5'6 and under.