Sensible: I ordered the chicken salad bowl at Chipotle because it's more healthy than the steak tacos with shredded cheese.

Sensible: Your cat weighs 70lbs? I'm sure he's not healthy.

Sensible: Jack had a healthy color in his face after harvesting the crops all morning.

Nonesense: Your interpretation of the universe and your approach to life and relationships aren't healthy.

What is the usage of the word healthy in relation to intangible situations? Something that Dr. Phil invented or has it been around a while and I just haven't heard it until a couple years ago?

Anyway not only am I unable to make sense of it for reasons I won't get into yet, but 9 times out of 10 it seems like its said in a smug manner and oh how people like to feel smug. 'Your views aren't healthy' carries more weight than 'you don't have the same views as I do.' It ties in with labeling everyone and thier mother with psychological illnesses they may not have. There's too much of it going on. Am I the only one who feels over saturated with it?

I feel your pain. I only relate healthy to my body, everything else is normal. Although dirty is good too somethimes.:)

If it were only as easy as healthy or unhealthy but it's not. We all know it, we just choose to give impotance to people and their sayings. Don't worry about any of it, when it comes to what goes on in your head there is no right or wrong. Things only become wrong when you act on the stuff in your head.

• Author
I feel your pain. I only relate healthy to my body, everything else is normal.

That's how I relate it, one other sane person at least. I'm so tired of that phrase. According to the dictionary mental health is "A state of emotional and psychological well-being in which an individual is able to use his or her cognitive and emotional capabilities, function in society, and meet the ordinary demands of everyday life" yet people who fit that still get the not healthy label.

I think that when people say your "attitude isn't healthy" or your "outlook isn't healthy" they're trying to tell you that they think you are f*cked in the head in a nice way. It doesn't mean they're right but it's the message they're trying to gently express.