all commission jobs-its door to door-ever done it experiences

anyone here ever worked for an all commission job involving door to door residences and no hourly wage. and how was it? did you like it, hate it? and why?

i had a interview last week in richmond and another one in bby whcih was all commission job and involved selling door to door. the first one involved signing customers up for telephone,internet,.. services.

a friend of mine got in and did the job shadowing and mentioned to me that-they pay big rewards. the co workers there would tell him that --on a given day he can make 100-140/day on average and some reps have made $300/per day in sales-which you keep , and one can move up into the company within 4-6 months and become assist managers and later on run their own offices. the guys that own their own office make 5-7 k a month. they guys seem really eager and willing to have you work for em-hmm i wonder.

he also mentioned the job involves a lot of rejection. every customer you go up to says no ,but after the 12th you will get a yes.

i got a feeling theres like a high turnover. they hired my friend the later in the day(phone call) the day he was interviewed.also no reference check either. hmm funny hey.

laRubiaBonita

it is scammy...

i worked door-to-door for a few weeks one summer. i sold Cutco.... the Best knives Ever(really)! But the job sucked.

after going through the friends and family, i lost interest, plus i hate selling things... buy it or do not, i do not care!

i sold Cutco.... the Best knives Ever(really)!

They must be if you are now selling them on LS :laugh:

I'll take 3 sets :lmao:

It is a scam Joel.. they will work your butt off and you will only get a piddly amount of pay for the sales you bring in..

the reality is door to door isn't a good method to make a living unless you are already rich and don't need money to live.

the reality is door to door isn't a good method to make a living

unless you lived 100 years ago...many things were sold door to door then

That ended when Department stores started carrying appliances like vacuum cleaners..

They used to bring products to the household that had no other way for people to buy them..

Encyclopedias, bibles.. tools..cosmetics... they used to sell it all door to door.. now they have stores and the internet..

You will make more money and be happier working at a McDonald's.

They will tell you anything and make all sorts of promises to you. If you could make that much money then why wouldn't they give you a drew or a base salary against your future commissions?

laRubiaBonita

in june i will be selling a time machine ride via door-to-door sales....

Hummmmm........ Are you selling time slots ??? :laugh:

laRubiaBonita
Hummmmm........ Are you selling time slots ??? :laugh:

i do have some slots that could use a REALLY good filling!

ok put me down for one ride LRB...if its good I could be a repeat customer