Take The Teacher's Pet 3 Month Challenge! :) :)

Teacher's Pet

The other day, I was doing laundry, and came up with a great idea.

I was watching Rachel Ray (don't start, it was what was on the TV at the laundromat), and she had a woman on the show who wanted her to help her find a man.

Instead, Rachel put her on a 90 day "Dating Diet". Instead of helping her find a man, she helped her NOT find men, but making her avoid ALL dating situations for 90 days. The woman was pissed at first because she felt like this wasn't helping her, but at the end of the 90 days, she really found herself through working out, new hobbies, etc......

Now, I'm a chickaholic, I can't do that, but it did give me a great idea, and I wanted to see who'd be interested in doing this with me.....

Pick something about yourself that you feel you need the most work on, and dedicate 3 months to working on it. I mean REALLY work on it. Set a list of "rules" for yourself, and follow them TO THE LETTER.

I think that something like this will help you "tackle a problem" in your life, but it will help develop some "discipline" in your life, which hopefully will carry over into other aspects of it......

I know this is something *I* need, but it would be fun to have some "partners", too! :)

Here's MY challenge.......

Three months of focusing on my PHYSICAL health.

I'm very overweight (though physically quite active - and cute hehehe), but it's time I really stopped the B.S. and FOCUSED on taking care of myself.

I set the following rules for myself:

1. NO FAST FOOD

2. NO deep-fried foods

3. NO excess sugars (candy, chocolate, etc, unless SUGAR-FREE)

4. NO "bad carbs" (white rice, white bread)

5. NO alcohol (I don't drink much now, but it's a bad carb!)

6. NO RED MEAT (the tough one for me)

7. REASONABLE amounts of "good carbs" (brown rice/pasta, fruit, etc.)

8. LOW-FAT/FAT FREE snacks only (popcorn, pretzels, etc.)

9. WATER WATER WATER (will you guys buy me a Wii? Bad joke.....)

10. GYM 3x-4x a week

That will be my "lifestyle" for Feb 5 - May 5.

I chose Feb 5 to start because it's the day AFTER the Superbowl, and I'm going to at least one Superbowl event (including an all you can eat champagne brunch), so I'd like to at least "enjoy" the day. :)

I've been on STRICT diets before, but this self-imposed one will be pretty tough for me, but I have myself, and all of LS to be accountable to.

So..... who's with me? Who thinks they can challenge themselves for 3 months????? :) :) Oh, and if you do this, you have to post your progress on here, so everyone can beat up on you for screwing up. I want the tough love, because I've had it way too easy in life in some respects, so I'm giving MYSELF an intervention of sorts.

Let's do it!

-tp

DEAL, or NO DEAL?

Oh crap that's HARD!! I'm the total opposite of that woman. Been ignoring the dating scene for 2 years now. I will say I've found myself and found myself very content to be single (99% of the time). So if I had to play, my challenge would be to actually go and approach men, and hmmm i dont think THAT'S ever going to happen! lol :) So I chicken out completely :)

Good luck tp!

• Author
Teacher's Pet

Here's an idea...

For 3 months, make it a point to at least approach and say "Hi" to a man you don't know, but you find attractive, at least once a day.

You don't have to sleep with them, or even flirt, just make the approach, and say Hi. :)

The first step towards finding a good relationship is to learn how to approach people and be fun and outgoing!

I DARE you.... one man a day... show them pearly whites.. ;)

-tp

do it! do it!

• Author
Teacher's Pet

I hardly believe you go entire days without seeing ONE guy you think is cute.

If you need help, I work at... *giggle*

-tp

cute. really.

6. NO RED MEAT (the tough one for me)

Make sure before you do all that you listed to have a full physical done. And, load up on multivitamins, and B12. Last thing you need is to have low B12 levels...Trust me on that one.

• Author
Teacher's Pet

According to my last physical, these were things I needed to do, anyway. :)

I have one steak in my freezer. I'm defrosting it now. My last red meat hurrah until May. :)

I have vitamins and such, and I do plan on upping my fruit/veggie intake as well. :)

-tp

looks like a donut, hoping to dunk it soon ;)

I've been adhering to most of your rules for the last few years, and it's made a huge difference in helping me stay at my current weight.

I'm so used to eating a certain way that I almost never dine out anymore, and I hesitate when someone mentions going to a restaurant. I usually eat out twice a week... lunch at a burger joint close to work, and a couple slices of my favorite pizza on a Saturday afternoon. As long as I don't overdo it, I feel okay.

Breakfast is really important, too, since it sets the tone for how you eat the rest of the day. I usually start off with a banana and a cup of tea. An hour later I'll eat some string cheese and an energy bar or half a bagel. Then I take a multivitamin and have another cup of tea.

I used to eat hard boiled eggs every morning, but after a year or so I started clucking like a chicken, so I stopped.

8. LOW-FAT/FAT FREE snacks only (popcorn' date=' pretzels, etc.)[/quote']

Just a minor suggestion for this one: I'd stick with low-fat if I were you. A little bit of fat is okay. The problem with fat free snacks is that they're typically loaded with sugar and/or salt to make up for having no fat.

• Author
Teacher's Pet

Good point....

Besides, with all the fat I have, what's a bit more? :) :)

-tp

fluffy.

• Author
Teacher's Pet

Ok..

Just 2 hours, 36 minutes to go until the start of "The Teacher's Pet 3-Month Challenge"

I've spent all weekend cleaning out the fridge. :rolleyes:

By midnight, the last of the ice cream will be gone. :)

.....and then the fun begins!!

-tp

fat bitch.

• Author
Teacher's Pet

25 minutes so far, and I haven't broken my diet!! :)

-tp

king of the midnight snack

I want in on this... I have no one else to keep me accountable...

I started eating better and working out when my ex and I broke up to relieve stress and feel better about myself, but lately I haven't been doing good at keeping up on working out. It's not that I am fat but I have gained close to 40 pounds in the last two years, I have lost 20 pounds in the last 3 months, but I still need to rebuild muscle mass that I lost when I stopped dancing and playing tennis.

So here is what I want to do, 3 days a week I will do some type of work out, like running or using the elliptical machine, doing my ballet stregnth training exercises, doing Pilate's, or playing tennis. Hopefully by the end of this three months I will feel better about myself again :) Hopefully I will stick to this...

I've been wanting to write a bunch of stuff for a long time now, scripts, books, comedy routines, heck i even wanted to write a motivational speech so my 3 months vow will be to do some writing at least for 1 hour each day starting today

Sorry I ate it... I have a problem when there is chocolate around :D

I'm very happy that we're not dating. I don't like to share.

I've been wanting to write a bunch of stuff for a long time now, scripts, books, comedy routines, heck i even wanted to write a motivational speech so my 3 months vow will be to do some writing at least for 1 hour each day starting today

The memoirs of the Horniest Man Alive would sell millions.

I don't like to share either... besides I don't date pink elephants!

I don't like to share either... besides I don't date pink elephants!

I wouldn't touch those sluts either. Who knows where their trunks have been?!

Oh crap that's HARD!! I'm the total opposite of that woman. Been ignoring the dating scene for 2 years now. I will say I've found myself and found myself very content to be single (99% of the time). So if I had to play, my challenge would be to actually go and approach men, and hmmm i dont think THAT'S ever going to happen! lol :) So I chicken out completely :)

Good luck tp!

I think it is a great idea TP, all the power too you.

*smiles politely at dgiirl*

Hey TP-- Those are great rules. My H has been following some of those strictly for the past month and he's lost over 20lbs. Kinda freaky actually, as I've never seen him this skinny. 2 more lbs and he's at his high school weight. Except he does eat red meat. Mostly just tries to keep the calories down to a minimum. And once a week we go to Taco Bell. (But we know the calorie content of our meal and cut back dinner accordingly). The hardest for him is the no alcohol. He didn't even have a beer during the Super bowl.

Anyway, you can do it!! I've been kinda following, but I've been cheating as well. So, I'll participate in your challenge for the month of February. Following the same rules that you've listed, except the red meat thing. I've got a great low-cal recipie for flank steak. But I'm adding: No soft drinks. (This is my biggest weakness.) After February I'm going to change my rules somewhat, because H is going off his diet then, so I'll have to adjust to realistic goals. :D

• Author
Teacher's Pet
Has anybody seen my chocolate?

Yeah, it's in my low-fat peanut butter. :)

-tp

....which happens to be smeared all over my chest right now......:lmao:

• Author
Teacher's Pet

The memoirs of the Horniest Man Alive would sell millions.

Yeah, but the pages will be all stuck together.

-tp

sticky situation!

• Author
Teacher's Pet

Woohoo! :)

Ok, it looks like a few people are gonna play with me. :)

Sure beats playing with myself! :)

Whatever your goal is for the challenge, just stick to it, and you may surprise yourself!

Keep us all posted on your progress! :)

-tp

10 hours down, 2150 to go!