How it would be like to have no regrets whatsoever??????

Anyways doesn't any of you peeps wonder how life would be soo easy if you have no regrets whatsoever.

I'm sure you all remember the famous motto "Hakuna Matata" form "The Lion King" right, it means no worries for the rest of your day.

Come to think of it, isn't it a burden to deal with guilts and feeling remorse, that's like carrying 100 pounds of worthless trash that will do you no good for the future and prosperity. Whoever even makes you responsible to even consider it's completely your fault if that person got hurt b/c of you, you're not entirely responsible for someone's feelings nor self-esteem.

Regrets, I've had a few...but then again, too few to mention......

Ha ha, Tony! Good one! I think it's before the OP's time though.

• Author

With me I have the special ability to get over it so quickly. Ok so I may feel not good for certain thing I did, whether it's something I say or did to you, but then after a day passes by, I don't really care about it anymore. It's like I can clean myself soo fast that I move on and then I'm like "Yea wutever".

Then I'm also not that person that would tell you "Oh I'm sorry, please forgive me", LOL, none of that with me, I repeat NONE. If let's say my any chance I would feel terrible, I'll probably be like "I made this mistake about this and this and wantt o amend it that's what I wanted to say", then I'll just leave it up to you. But other than a one time apology, you won't hear anymore apologies for that specific incident, now for a different incident, well that's a whole different story.

• Author

Actually I hardly ever say a sincere sorry in my life. I almost all the time use my defense mechanism which is called "Rationalizing", b/c what I'm saying does make sense.

I never say or do anything that I'm sorry for. I may be sorry for the resulting heartache or disturbance but I'm not sorry for what I did. If I'm going to be sorry, I just don't do it.

Maybe there are times I regret doing things I'm not sorry for doing. My theory is that everything has a reason for happening. It's supposed to happen, otherwise it simply wouldn't happen. It all works out in the wash.

• Author

Actually yea, there's one thing I'm sorry for that I didn't do when I was 10 years old: Beat the living heck out of the three girls who used to emotionally bullied me, opening my bathroom door when I was there and seeing me with my underwears lower, then laughing.

the_alchemyst

I think holding regrets or not is a decision you make on your own.

You can either chose to live with the regrets of what you did or did not do, or accept that doing or not doing X was your decision, accept the outcome of it, and take what you can from it.

Personally, I believe that chosing to regret nothing offers more potential for personal growth, while living with regrets only inhibits and sometimes halts it.

As far as guilt--I think that it along with other feelings, such as integrity and embarassment are self-conscious.