How to deal with friend who gets everything

HUMMINGBIRDLOVE

Ok I have a friend who is a total biotch to her boyfriend and everyone around her I mean she is rude and very demanding but..... here is the catch she gets everything she asks for or really demands she witholds sex to get things but her boyfriend stays with her she dont pay her bills but uses her money for junk then has everyone feel sorry for her and they pay her bills ugh........ how can I stand by and cope with it ??? I have to be around her my boyfriend and hers are brothers ..any suggestions???

Cheshire Cat

I guess you just have to bear with having her around. You don't have to consider her a friend - just be polite and nice to her.

Do you hang out with the same people? Aren't there any decent guys or girls among them whose company you can actually enjoy?

Ok I have a friend who is a total biotch to her boyfriend and everyone around her I mean she is rude and very demanding but..... here is the catch she gets everything she asks for or really demands she witholds sex to get things but her boyfriend stays with her she dont pay her bills but uses her money for junk then has everyone feel sorry for her and they pay her bills ugh........ how can I stand by and cope with it ??? I have to be around her my boyfriend and hers are brothers ..any suggestions???

You can't change this woman's personality, mode of functioning and the way she treats her boyfriend. If he's happy with her, despite the way she behaves, that's his call. All you can really do is bite back if and when she directs any of that crap towards you.

LaughMachine

So this isn't really your friend? but someone who is friends of your boyfriends ( blah blah blah ) right? Because if she was your friend, stating all these qualities....I'm surprised your still her friend.

ewww what a disgusting little brat she is. I would hate hate hate to be surrounded by such imatture sickening behaviour. If she is someone who just happens to be in your daily life and there is no way to change that around. I would find possible better ways to coping with it. Either start telling her to shut up, grow up. Or stand by and pretend nothing is wrong. Is there any way you can cut down on seeing her so much?

Any way if her boyfriend has any sense what so ever, maybe they won't be together for much longer..

• Author
HUMMINGBIRDLOVE

I like her somewhat she has some good in her but it is hard for someone like me that isnt demanding at all to stand by and see her be this way she even admits to being this way . she is pregnant and my bf mentioned buying a double stroller for them in february and it was just a notion not something set in stone well some financial stuff has come up and we are not in a position to buy this $100.00 stroller for them but she has asked him over and over so u are still buying me that right and giving the guilt trip so last night I told her money is tight and planning for xmas she got mad and said well if your man had not said it I would have bought that cheap stroller that I wanted already !!! and I told her well as far as I know it was just a short conversation that went like this they were looking at strollers for thier 1 yr old and have a baby on the way and in feb my bf said why dont u guys get the doubble stroller since u will have 2 kids and she said well if u are so rich why dont u buy it so he said ok I will . I guess he did say he was gonna buy it once but geeeee holding him to it and being so demanding it makes me mad so we put it on layaway last night

sorry for this being so long and I hope you all understand what I meant ...:o

I'm not sure, but it sounds as if you're jealous of this girl to some extent. Possibly because people cave to her and she gets what she wants without working for it and/or because your BF is one of those who has gone out of his way to please her (ie: the stroller she wanted)

If you are taking all of your negative emotions you're feeling towards your BF and spewing them onto this woman, that's unfair of you.

Not saying you are...just IF you are.

guess he did say he was gonna buy it once but geeeee holding him to it and being so demanding it makes me mad so we put it on layaway last night

As long as she continues to get her way by being demanding, she's going to continue being demanding. It works, apparently.

You can only change your behavior, not hers. You don't have to give in just because she's demanding. You should talk to your bf about this and agree on what's what so this doesn't happen again.

• Author
HUMMINGBIRDLOVE

I went to her baby shower yesterday and I was surprised at how little she recieved and I think so was she she put the specific things she wanted on her invites and I didnt see any of it I know everyone has thier wants but to really hold high standards for others to follow is just not right .. and amaysngrace I admitted to being a little jealous of her but I really don't want the way people see me to be like I am sure people see her mabey that is why she didnt get what she requested on the invites??? thanks to everyone for the advice I just will learn to deal with it somehow ugh....:eek: