Curious to know a personal experience of tattoo removal. I have looked at several medical sites that state not 100% of it can be removed but also looked at site showing photos of them totally removed. Also stating thr cost is $200 a session does this seem correct IRL?

So a little insight from those that have had a tattoo removed would be nice before paying out the $ for something that may or may not work.

(this is not my tattoo being removed, I am ink free) :)

blind_otter

Tattoo removals are long, painful, and they don't work. You can cosmetically make the tattoo no longer visible, but the tattoo remains, and there is scarring involved. There are ways to see what a tattoo looks like on a corpse if there is an indication that a tattoo has been removed (which helps with identifying dead bodies)

That's why anyone considering a tattoo should think long and hard about what it means to them and whether they really want it. I always tell people who ask me about my tattoos that they should wait 1-3 years before actually getting a tattoo once they have a general idea of what they want and where they want it.

• Author

What I read was the new lazer systems could or did remove them in 95% of the cases. Dermal abrasion would always leave a scar.

I think I may prefer to look at a scar of sorts than a tattoo that was poorly executed or for that matter even done well.

blind_otter

I think I may prefer to look at a scar of sorts than a tattoo that was poorly executed or for that matter even done well.

Whatever floats your boat.

For those who don't find tattoos disgusting there are a lot of great artists out there who do cover ups that look awesome. i had a friend who had a home made tattoo that was covered up with a lion. It looks awesome.

Depends on your skin type, the ink used, as well as the depth of the inking. I've seen them totally removed perfectly, and others that leave behind tiny blotches that look like some splatter a little bit of paint on that persons arm.