I overheard my brother on the phone the other night talking to a buddy about something called, "androstenetrione", I later found out it was a steroid. Now my brother works out from time to time, but he is by no means a body builder. He only goes to the gym every so often. I know some of these types of steroids are illegal. Not sure if this one is or not. However, I heard him tell his friend, if he found out he liked it (the friend) then he (my brother) might try it too.

If its illegal not sure where they would get this from anyway, but then again not sure if this is one that is illegal. I told him I over heard him and that I hope he is not planning on doing something stupid. He said he wasn't, he was just getting info on it. Seems to me if he is getting info on it then he has some type of interest there.

Since he is not a body builder anyway, looks like he is looking for a quick fix or something. Looks to me like this would be dangerous. Its dangerous anyway even if you're a body builder. But to take something like this without even really working out, seems like not a good idea to me either way. Does anyone know alot about this? What are some of the side effects, because I plan on keeping an eye on this. Hopefully he will not try it. Thanks alot.

Do an Internet search on it. Try sites like NIH or the CDC or Harvard or WebMD or Medscape. When you have some good information, give it to your brother so that he can make an informed decision.